Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.6 Released

Options
124»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've applied the most recent update today. After creating a quicken ID account I'm locked out. Whenever I try to login I just get an endless spinner. I can't access any part of the app. I'm not even sure what update version this is because everything is locked. Can this be repaired?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Devin said:

I've applied the most recent update today. After creating a quicken ID account I'm locked out. Whenever I try to login I just get an endless spinner. I can't access any part of the app. I'm not even sure what update version this is because everything is locked. Can this be repaired?

Could you clarify what it is you're trying to log into when you're getting this endless spinner? You're not typically prompted to log in to open Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am up to date and no longer receive an update summary when updating my accounts.  It is driving me crazy!  Help!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Devin said:

This comment doesn’t make sense. I’m definitely prompted to log in. Isn’t that the big part of this update, creating a quicken ID and logging in with it?

Regardless, I’ve fixed the problem by updating my OS and restarting. Really, the troubleshooting guide for this account change is incomplete and not useful.
  • Mark419
    Mark419 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anne said:

I am up to date and no longer receive an update summary when updating my accounts.  It is driving me crazy!  Help!

You can access the summary in Window/Account Status.  When I updated to 3.6 I had to uncheck the box 'show only if errors'.  The summary displayed once following updates and then stopped displaying after the update completed.  Even if you access the summary manually often the number of transactions is incorrect.  It seems as though totals are not reset when no transactions are downloaded for some banks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anne said:

This is exactly what I am experiencing.  The status window used to  open after every update and tell what was updated on THAT connection.  Now, even when accessed manually it is incorrect.  The downloaded transaction count needs to reset with each connection.  As it stands, the window serves no real purpose.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you Mark!  This was the trouble!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    where is your support phone number? I used to be able to call quicken. This sucks... I am not able to get info from my  bank I get errors. quicken 2016 version 3.6.3 build 36.14508.100 for Mac High Sierra.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    sobokuone said:

where is your support phone number? I used to be able to call quicken. This sucks... I am not able to get info from my  bank I get errors. quicken 2016 version 3.6.3 build 36.14508.100 for Mac High Sierra.

Contact support here: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    or 1-888-311-7276.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

FIX THIS!  I am still unable to connect with anyone live in customer support.  I have posted on this issue on this forum multiple times, without response.  Quicken needs to fix/address this issue, or provide a solution to return to the previous version, or provide me a free copy of 2017 software!  Downloading transactions is not working.  All that downloads is the date and amount of transaction.  No Payee information.  No Category information.  This used to function perfectly.  It hasn't ever since I downloaded thee "critical" update 3.6.3.  It is making Quicken unusable.  This needs to be addressed (reading other posts here, I'm not alone)!

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this is not a Quicken Support forum. Quicken Support reps do not staff this forum. I'm not sure why you can't contact either phone or chat support; all I can suggest is trying at off hours
  • jacobs
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

FIX THIS!  I am still unable to connect with anyone live in customer support.  I have posted on this issue on this forum multiple times, without response.  Quicken needs to fix/address this issue, or provide a solution to return to the previous version, or provide me a free copy of 2017 software!  Downloading transactions is not working.  All that downloads is the date and amount of transaction.  No Payee information.  No Category information.  This used to function perfectly.  It hasn't ever since I downloaded thee "critical" update 3.6.3.  It is making Quicken unusable.  This needs to be addressed (reading other posts here, I'm not alone)!

Gregory, lots of users have had problems with downloads, but it's often hard to diagnose here from a brief description because the problems vary from one bank to another. Sometimes, issues with particular financial institution are reported enough that solutions become known and can be shared, or general techniques for resolving particular problems can be shared.

But I wanted you to understand that the people who post such solutions or suggestions here, like me, are simply fellow Quicken users, not Quicken Support representatives. Every once in awhile, a Quicken representative does post here, but they generally don't read and reason to posts here because this isn't set up to be a site for official support. So posting here as if you are talking to Quicken, telling them to fix something or give you free software, is misdirected because you're not speaking too Quicken here. If you think this site is a goofy way to support their product, I agree with you! Nonetheless, there are some of us who spend time here trying to help fellow users as best we can when we can. I'm not offering advice in your case, for instance, because I enter my transactions manually and don't download, so my knowledge in that area is limited and although I have some ideas, I don't want to dispense incorrect advice.

If you'd like to see if some of the experts here can help with your downloading problem, I'd encourage you to start a new thread (use the "new post" button at the top of this page), because these long threads about version x.x being released are unfocused and after awhile not everyone is reading them. Use a headline that's clear, like "Can't get downloads to work in Quicken Mac 2016 after update", and in your description, include as much information as you can. For instance, specify the bank(s) or financial institutions you're downloading from, the version of Quicken you're using, and a description of what's happening (e.g. transactions download into Quicken, but you get transactions with dates and amounts but no Payees or categories). I know you're frustrated with Quicken, but remember you're talking with fellow Quicken users who will try to help you if you provide a good description that enables them to recognize the possible problem or a technique to resolve such downloading issues.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

...this [site] isn't set up to be a site for official support. 
    Actually, GetSat is very much a site for this purpose, as well enabling getting support from fellow users. Many other companies DO use this site as a support forum.

It is simply that Quicken has chosen to relegate this site mostly to fellow users and a few moderators. It would be much nicer if they had more technical staff directly involved. But this is not a limitation of the site (though the site could use some improvements).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• jacobs
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

I consider Get Satisfaction the platform. When I refer to this site, I mean this Quicken Community site.

Quicken has chosen to have this odd quasi-support approach in which some users -- (many users) get helped by fellow users -- but many others come away frustrated because they expect that they're talking to Quicken or expecting help from Quicken. It's an odd model. Even the occasional help from Quicken is a misfire; user frustration is exacerbated when Quicken Mac product manager Marcus posts here each time there's a new update, and responds for a couple days, but then frustratingly disappears while users are thinking they've found a channel of communication. There are a few moderators who work for Quicken, but they don't answer support questions (at least for the Mac product). It's an odd model. Users want to report bugs, but there's no clear path for doing that. Users want to request features or enhancements, but they have no idea whether their posts are read because Quicken almost never acknowledges them or updates the status to say whether an idea is planned or rejected. It's a very, very odd model.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

Exactly...they have a platform that could make the user experience and interaction much better but sadly they seem to have missed that opportunity.  :-\

• jacobs
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

@Gregory13: you're absolutely right that the thread was started by the product manager of Quicken Mac. What I was trying to point out is that he typically minors such threads in the early days of new releases, often acknowledging issues or asking follow-up questions -- but after a week or two, he rarely re-engages with the thread. Now, that doesn't mean that he or others on the team don't continue to read the thread, but I'm not sure it's done consistently, if at all. I'm not defending or justifying what they do; I was just trying to shine a light on the way things actually seem to work.

The reason I replied to your note was that you were basically screaming for Quicken to do something, up to giving you a free copy of software. I was trying to explain that you like wouldn't get a response (and definitely won't get free software) by such a post, and point you to where you'd have a better shot. I'm sorry if you found that unhelpful.
  • danw
    danw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gregory13 said:

Similar problem like yours. I use Quicken for MAC and Windows (both run current versions)  Support blamed my Bank yet  Quicken for Windows did not have problem downloading SAME info correctly.
  • joanwolcott
    joanwolcott Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Just upgraded my Quicken 2016 software for Mac to Version 3.6.1 and now cannot download any transactions.  Should I change from Quicken Connect to some other method?

3.6.3 working fine..now no data or downloads. It is as though the account never existed. Working on MAC
  • joanwolcott
    joanwolcott Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Just upgraded my Quicken 2016 software for Mac to Version 3.6.1 and now cannot download any transactions.  Should I change from Quicken Connect to some other method?

Following Quicken Marcus suggestion..did step 1 through 4. At step 4 quicken.com..could not connect to "sign in".  So continue to be at a "no data"
    status. To date have not contacted support by phone or chat.
  • joanwolcott
    joanwolcott Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Finally was able to connect with Quicken. Had to do a "strart-from-scratch."  My one and only Wells account downloaded but with categories that weren't the same. Ugh! So it was not a "true" download.
  • joanwolcott
    joanwolcott Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

To continue my saga....only 3 months downloaded...what happened to the rest?
  • jacobs
    edited November 2017
    Options

Many financial institutions only provide downloads for the past 90 days. There is no limitation in Quicken; it just depends on each financial institution.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Version 3.6.6 Always crashes when updating accounts.  Downloaded transactions don't match manual entries.  New downloaded transactions aren't identified with the blue dot.  
This discussion has been closed.