Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Scheduled Transactions and Online Bills (Mac)

Net paycheck in budget

Is there a way to only budget your net paycheck for the income portion of a budget in QM?  QW had a "Paycheck" function that allowed you to do this.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Chris,

To better answer your question, do you have the paycheck set up with the gross amount and then split off different amounts?

There isn't a specific button that does this, but if you have the amount of the paycheck entered into Quicken and have the category for the paycheck in the budget only that amount of income will show in the budget.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • I enter the gross amount as the “Salary” category then all the various deductions are taken resulting in the net income. There is no category for the net income.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Chris,

Thank you for answering that.

I will be changing the post to an Idea as there currently isn't an option to do this in the Mac version at this time.

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to make this contribution!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • TronziTronzi Member
    Is there a way to do this on the PC version?

I use paycheck wizard too. Looking at the categories, Salary is gross - there is no net salary (after all additions/deductions). A ‘shadow’ net salary would be very helpful for usage in the Budget tool. Otherwise, it requires budgeting out all the individual extra ideas that paycheck wizard tracks. Duplication of work.

Help to see this in the future.
  • Chris AndersonChris Anderson Member ✭✭
    If you go into Manage Categories within your Budget you can see an option to select Paychecks you've set up. This should only display the net income of your paycheck in the budget.