Converting Mac 2007 to 2016 File Errors

Comments

• Even with Quicken support, I am unable to open any 2007 files in 2016.  When I try to convert the file with the entire "new", "from 2007",  the conversion gets to a certain port and then says "cannot import the file".  Can anyone give me any insights? I've rebooted, reinstalled, tried backup files, and Quicken support can't help.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    Don't know what support directed you to try and not saying that the following will help but have you tried re-indexing your data file before migrating?
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    Reindex: open the Accounts window and then simultaneously press the Command, Option and B keys on the keyboard.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I was having the same problem trying to convert Mac 2007 to Mac 2017.  I kept getting an error message.  I finally went to my 2007 Quicken and did a "save a copy."  It will ask you what dates you would like to save.  Mine started in 10/31/96.  Then I reinstalled Quicken 2017 and used that "saved copy" to importing into Quicken 2017.  It took a while, but it worked!  Good luck
  • Hi Maryshka. Just a thought to consider...

You could also do a Backup to Disk (File > Backup to Disk) and save the complete .QDFM file onto your Desktop or Documents folder.  Then I would go in and try importing this file into 2017. You would be able to have everything except for just a date period.

Just my two cents.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    @Quicken Harold Quicken 2007 Backup simply makes a copy of the data file, where Save a Copy rewrites the data file record by record, which clears up some file corruption problems that a simple backup will not. They're two different things. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993