Printing Checks (Q Mac)

Options
2»

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ralph W Y said:
    My memo line is running into the bottom line of the address. Any way to change that?
    I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying. If you had said, "printing too close to the MICR code line" ... that I could understand. That issue could be somewhat bypassed by micro-adjusting the entire printed image up a fraction of an inch. But the problem cannot be solved.
    Can you capture a photo of one of your printed checks, edit it to black out (not white out) personal information and then drag the image file into your next comment? This would show us what the problem is in your case.
    BTW, what style checks are you using? And are those US or Canadian checks?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @UKR This is a well-documented issue with Quicken Mac. All the printed text is a single block which can be adjusted up and down, only in full line increments. Adjust down, it hits into the MICR code line; adjust up, the memo is visible in the bottom of most window envelopes. Unless/until the developers re-write the code to allow the memo line to be adjusted independently, in points rather than whole lines, this will be a problem for any who print checks with Quicken Mac. 

@Ralph W Y There is an Idea thread requesting this feature fix here. I suggest adding your vote for it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mrmhenry
    mrmhenry Member
    Options
    I also have the same problem printing checks. The memo line prints way too low on the check and is within the MICR code line. Instead of releasing Quicken for Mac updates with fancy graphs and charts, (which I find have little use other than window dressing), please correct the financial program basics, like check printing... Allow data lines on a check to be individually adjusted in height for printing purposes.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @mrmhenry You might want to post this in the Quicken 6.12 has been released thread, where it might catch the eye of the product manager. (The members of the development team generally don't read the comments in these threads unless they are reviewing an idea for possible implementation.) 
  • mrmhenry
    mrmhenry Member
    Options
    Thanks Jacobs! -The comment has ben posted in the "Quicken 6.12 has been released" thread...
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine There are dozens of threads — some now closed and some archived — on this forum complaining about the inability to tweak the format of printed checks in Quicken Mac. The developer shaven't touched check printing since the launch of Quicken Mac in 2014; the check printing code is carried over from the 2010 Quicken Essentials. The biggest issue for many has been the inability to shift the placement of the Memo line independent of the Payee and amount. Others want to use a bolder font.

In particular, I'd call your attention to this Idea post, which has 45 votes:

If you combined the votes of this thread and that one, you'd be over 50 votes… maybe enough to push this over to the developers? But this certainly shouldn't be closed simply because it's been neglected by the developers and there's not much more to say about it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jacobs,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have merged these two threads and this idea should be reviewed by our development team.

Have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Michael Hughes
    Michael Hughes Member ✭✭
    Options

I recently bought 2,000 checks from Quicken/Intuit for use on my Mac. However, I cannot line up the individual lines, as is apparently allowed in the Windows community. The checks look horrible when printed when aligned in a compromising way to get "as good as possible with what I have."

I require my students in my classes of Personal Finance and Money Management at the university where I teach to learn to use Quicken. Certainly it is various obvious on many fronts that the Mac students as just second-class citizens in Quicken culture. Please bring the Mac versions to par with the Windows versions.