When will "Quicken 2007" Reports be incorporated into "Quicken for Mac" Subscription ?

mrvd
mrvd Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Reports (Mac)
I have used Quicken 2007 (Mac version) for 20 years. With the upcoming OSX version, It will no longer work on Mac Computers so last weekend I decided to "bite the bullet" and subscribe to Quicken for Mac 2019.

The most important feature (to me) has always been the "Reports" section of Quicken 2007.
It is a fantastic piece of software and unfortunately I have not been able to find anything like it anywhere.

Why is it that "Quicken for Mac 2019" has not yet incorporated those Q2007 features into its newest software version ? 

To me, the main advantage of a database (any database)  is to be able to extract useful information from it and to do so easily. This is sorely lacking in Quicken for Mac 2019. 

You have the Q2007 templates, you own the software and the licenses, when will you incorporate those features into your latest software ?

Thank you !
MRVD
Tagged:

Best Answers

• mrvd
    mrvd Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your input. I do appreciate the clarification . Regards MRVD
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Also know that as an alternative, you can use QM2007 in a VM (virtual machine) to run a version of macOS that is compatible with QM2007. One example that is free is VirtualBox, or there are paid versions, such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello MRVD,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community and post your inquiry.

Unfortunately, there is not a time frame or date that can be offered when and if this will be completed.

There is a long-running thread regarding the 2007 reports that you may want to take a look at
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7249594/in-quicken-2007-i-can-create-custom-reports-with-categories-and-classes-229-legacy-votes.

~~~***~~~
  • mrvd
    mrvd Member ✭✭
    Thank you. The thread you referred me to, was most interesting in particular a contribution by Jacobs edited October 2018.

Jacobs states (or I believe he states) that even after the new Mac OS (post Mojave) is introduced, Quicken 2007 users would still be able to enter transactions manually and create reports.

If true, this would be wonderful news since I have never relied on Quicken for downloads. I enter all my transactions manually. I only use Quicken for it's budgeting, scheduling and reporting features none of which involve downloads.

My understanding was that when the new Mac OS is introduced, I would not even be  able to start up Quicken 2007 much less enter transactions manually as I have in the past  :(  

If you or anyone else could comment one way or the other, I would be very grateful.

Regards
    MRVD
  • mrvd
    mrvd Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your input. I do appreciate the clarification . Regards MRVD
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Also know that as an alternative, you can use QM2007 in a VM (virtual machine) to run a version of macOS that is compatible with QM2007. One example that is free is VirtualBox, or there are paid versions, such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• mrvd
    mrvd Member ✭✭
    Thank you !
This discussion has been closed.