I have a Fidelity Cash Management account on Quicken on Web or Mobile doesn't show under checking.

:/ I have a Cash Management account that shows fine on my Quicken desktop app, however doesn't show in Bank/Checking accounts when logging into Quicken Mobile/Web. This is a linked cash account on the desktop app. Is there a way to have this show on the mobile/app?

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @rachaelac,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment to review the information and follow the steps that are available here to select the accounts you'd like to sync to mobile.

Hope this helps! 

-Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie 

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Fidelity customer also, and, likewise, I have a CMA with them.
    SO, the issue becomes how do you have that account set up in Q?
    It should be a taxable brokerage account with the "Show Cash in A checking account" button used when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT adjacent to your Fidelity brokerage account.
    Since Fidelity isn't a bank, they can't legally offer "checking accounts".  So what that "Linked Checking Account" really is is the Money Market fund that's the cash portion/transactions of your brokerage account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:  It should be a taxable brokerage account with the "Show Cash in A checking account" button used when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT
    Interesting - my Schwab accounts both have their corresponding "cash" linked accounts, always have, but never really thought too much about it -
    just can't "reconcile"  the linked account -

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k, WHY can't you reconcile that account?  It functions exactly like any other checking account ... and I reconcile mine every month.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    oops - sorry - meant the other side... the Investment parent -
    The only other issue, is that the cash account doesn't have the "online balance" for the Reconcile to work with.... only the Register "ending balance"
    so it's a manual Reconcile ...

• rachaelacrachaelac Member
    Hi - I do sync the Fidelity accounts to mobile. The problem is the Cash account shows up as zero under investing and the linked account doesn’t show under the banking/credit accounts.
  • rachaelacrachaelac Member
    I essentially have to go to the desktop app to see the linked cash account, I can’t see it in Mobile or Web app.

I do manually reconcile to statements for the cash account.