No file change -- no backup

I just noticed that when I started up quicken just to look at some info, when I quit it still backed up the file even though nothing had changed. This seems like a waste of my time and disk space. Why not reserve backups for when changes have occurred.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is supposed to be how it works. That "feature" was added some time ago. What version are you using? If you are able to reproduce this, I suggest you use the "Report a Problem" under the Help menu in Quicken to submit this issue or contact Quicken Support.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Oh bother....

Mods...please forward this....

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Hello @alancondit1085,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing with Quicken.

Would you mind going to Quicken>About Quicken and providing the version/release that you're currently running?

Would you mind also providing a bit more detail regarding what you're doing when launching Quicken that indicates no change has been made?

I am using version 5.14.0 (Build 514.31804.100) and was unable to replicate any issue with the backup functionality. I tested this multiple times while selecting/deselecting the various settings for this function, and every time it seemed to behave accordingly.

Please let us know some more details so we can best assist!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Quicken Natalie,

Like Jacob, I am running Version 5.14.0 (Build 514.31804.100) on macOS 10.15.2 (Mojave).

Alan
This discussion has been closed.