I have a printing report question. Transactions in investment accounts under "CvrShrt" will show up

Options
TomPopp
TomPopp Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I have a printing report question. Transactions in investment accounts under "CvrShrt" will show up on reports under Income/Expense by Category, but they won't show up in the reports under Itemized Categories". Any suggestions?

Answers

• TomPopp
    TomPopp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I forgot to say that I have the Windows subscription and have used Quicken since 1994 TomPopp
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @TomPopp,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're currently using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• TomPopp
    TomPopp Member ✭✭
    Options
    my Quicken is the subscription R24.aa 27.1.24.11 I use Windows 10 64 bit, OS build 18763.592
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @TomPopp,

Thank you for providing these additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response. 

May I ask what specific report are you running in Quicken that is failing to display the itemized category you are seeking?

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

• TomPopp
    TomPopp Member ✭✭
    Options
    This information was in the original posting: Under Spending: Itemized Categories, Cover Short sales do not show up but
    then do under Spending: Income/Expense by Categories. In both cases I mark
    all accounts and all categories.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think the question itself was unclear, and perhaps that's why there's been no response, but it looks like a bug of some sort in the Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories report.
    If I run a Reports > Spending > Income and Expense by Category report and the range covers a period of time when I have a CvrShrt transaction in one of my Investment Accounts, then the capital gain or loss associated with that transaction is included in the _RlzdGain dollar amount. 
    However, if I run a Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories report covering the exact same Accounts and date range as the first report, then the gain or loss for the CvrShrt transaction is not included in that report's _RlzeGain dollar amount.
    I'll post it as a bug.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see what you mean.

In the Income and Expense by Category report if you include the brokerage account where the transactions took place, the report includes all realized gains including those from Cover Short transactions.

However the Itemized Categories report does not include the gains from Cover Shorts.

I do not have an explanation for this.  
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @TomPopp & @Jim_Harman,

Thank you for providing these additional details and for confirming that this behavior is abnormal in Quicken.

I have gone ahead and reported this and will post back with any additional information as it becomes available to me. 

-Quicken Natalie 

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @TomPopp,

I have sent a message to your Community Inbox requesting more information from you so that we can get a ticket opened up for this issue.

To check you Community Inbox, please navigate to the top of this page and click on the Inbox icon:

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello @TomPopp & @Jim_Harman,

I just wanted to provide an update that a Ticket has been opened for this issue.

I will be sure to post back with any updates/changes as they become available. 

We appreciate your assistance!

-Quicken Natalie

CTP-532

• TomPopp
    TomPopp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Apparently a ticket has been opened since February 2020 but the reports in Itemized Categories still don't show covered shorts (CvrShrt)
  • TomPopp
    TomPopp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I still can't find a response to this ticket.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ongoing 12/11/20

No ETA is available at this time.

CTP-532
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ongoing 1/11/21

No ETA is available at this time.