How do I post a question?

How do I post a question to the forum?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You just did.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    You just did.

• Boatnmaniac
    Since you appear to be new to Community, you might want to review "Community Training (FAQ's)" at https://community.quicken.com/categories/community-training-(faq-s).  There's lots of good information in there, including more detailed information about how to conduct searches and asking questions.

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Okay, I may be crazy, but I have tried and tried to figure out how to post a question. Read the training FAQs, and forums. There is no "Ask a Question" option on my Home Page as it says there should be. I think I am reasonable savvy re this type of thing, but sometimes.....
    ask.jpeg 224.1K
  • Peter26
    Peter26 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Perhaps they need to have it Flashing on off so I can see it? Or put a big arrow on the screen pointing to it with a sign saying "Look over here". :smile:
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2020
    Hmmmm....I didn't review the "How to add a post..." article since I've been a Community member for a long time and it's all become 2nd nature to me.  But looking at the situation in more detail I now see the issue.  There is no "Ask a Question" button at the top of the Community home page (or any of the various topics pages that I looked at).  And it is not intuitive as to how to find it.
    If you are signed in to Community there should be a link on the side under "Quick Links" for "My Discussions".
    Click on that to get the following view where the "Ask a Question" button shows up:

@JayDC - The screenshot you posted above doesn't show this "My Discussions" link.  Were you logged into Community when you took that screenshot?
    If you weren't logged in, can you see the "My Discussions" link when you are logged in?
    Also, what steps did you take to get your original question above posted?
    @Peter26 - Do you see the "My Discussions" link under Quick Links when you are logged in?

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Found the rascal! Not in the same place, but there it is! Thanks much!
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    HELP! I still can't figure it out.

I go to https://community.quicken.com/. I click on the little "person" icon and it shows I am logged in but so help me I cannot get to ANY page with an "Ask a Question" link!

I can click on either "Discussions" or "Comments" and all it does is show me existing posts I have made but nowhere is there no link to add a NEW discussion or comment. (*Also, I am not exactly sure of the difference between the two.)

I have asked questions in the past as I can see links to them, just no way to add something new,

The best I can do is reply to this existing discussion.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to select a Category and then a sub-Category to get the Ask a Question button.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bertilak ,

Click on Recent Discussions.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Boatnmaniac
    You can also click on the  "Unanswered" link under "Quick Links" on the left side of the screen.

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks all. I found it. It sure is well hidden!
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Bertilak, I admire your patience and persistence for not giving up on this.
  • kss2298
    kss2298 Member ✭✭
    It appears I am in the same boat as Bertilak except that I don't get the option for a new message. Super frustrating!
  • barkerm
    barkerm Member ✭✭
    Yeah, me too. Looking for the button to post a new topic . . . nothing!
  • barkerm
    barkerm Member ✭✭
    It shouldn't be that difficult. I mean, EAST ENOUGH for us newb's! But then we might not need to be persistent enough, and just give up, if we have an embarrassing question that starts with "Why . . . !"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Originally they use to make the "Recent Discussions" the home screen everyone would land on, and that one does have a "Ask a Question" button.  But recently they change the "home screen" to the "All Categories" page which doesn't have such a button, and now where does it tell you have to "drill down" through the categories until you get to the "bottom" and then you will find the "Ask a Quicken" button.  And to make even worse some of the categories are closed like the announcements so there won't be such a button in those categories!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Chris_QPW - They've changed where the "Ask a Question" button is located, again.  It no longer shows up on the "Recent Discussions" page.  It still does show up on the "Unanswered" page...for now, at least.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW - They've changed where the "Ask a Question" button is located, again.  It no longer shows up on the "Recent Discussions" page.  It still does show up on the "Unanswered" page...for now, at least.

@Boatnmaniac:  Ask a Question still appears on Recent Discussions:

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2020
    @Sherlock - It is not showing up for me.  I just checked, again.  Where is should be is blank white space.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It shows up for me in the same place as @Sherlock pointed out, so I don't know what is going on for you, but in truth is that it SHOULD be is in the Quick Links so that it is always available.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock - It is not showing up for me.  I just checked, again.  Where is should be is blank white space.
    Strange.  Perhaps there is a browser issue?

I usually rely on a bookmark: https://community.quicken.com/post/question
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Chris_QPW said:
    It shows up for me in the same place as @Sherlock pointed out, so I don't know what is going on for you, but in truth is that it SHOULD be is in the Quick Links so that it is always available.
    I agree,  They could replace the useless  Best Of...  
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Sherlock - Sometimes it pays to close and reopen the browser, especially after it's been open for several days.  Thanks for reminding me.  After doing that the Ask a Question button shows up, again.
    I don't really have a favorite way on getting to that button.  I usually go to My Bookmarks, My Discussions, Unanswered and less frequently to Recent Discussions.

• Boatnmaniac
    I've submitted a Community Improvement idea to add a Quick Link for Ask a Question that would show up on every page.  I encourage everyone here to visit it and vote it up.:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875965/create-a-quick-link-for-ask-a-question/p1?new=1

• dryoung711
    dryoung711 Member ✭✭
    Agreed. ANYTHING would be better than the current process which from what I can tell after 20 minutes of searching around this site IS NON-EXISTENT!!!
  • mfreedberg
    mfreedberg Member
    how do i ask a question????
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to select a Category and then a sub-Category to get the Ask a Question button.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. ANYTHING would be better than the current process which from what I can tell after 20 minutes of searching around this site IS NON-EXISTENT!!!

Now THERE's a self-contradictory claim. (Bolding added by me).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.