Report based on keyword of Memo/Notes (+11 merged votes) (Q Mac)

Options
2»

Comments

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja , thank you for including my feature request, it is greatly appreciated.

The ability to create reports based on the Memo field is so critical to me that without it I will be forced to maintain by Parallels license and run Quicken for Windows, it is that fundamental.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@JoelC Make sure you read this entire thread, as it may give you some viable work-arounds until the developers add this functionality.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@jacobs, I already have but I will read it and try it again!

I have since read it again and tried it again, still not granular enough!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@JoelC I definitely wasn't saying that Search could completely replace the need for reports using memo text as a criterion; to the contrary, I've written that I think this is a desirable and needed feature.

I was only saying that for some needs, Search can plausibly replace what older Quicken Mac and Windows versions have done via Reports. For instance, if I want to know when we last bought a hot water heater, a Search for "water heater" is as effective as a report with the criterion "Memo contains 'water heater' ".

But there are many instances where this is not sufficient, because of the need for a second criterion or because Search returns only who transactions while reports return only the matching split lines.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs, I am in complete agreement on both; namely 1. search is adequate for basic / some needs and 2. there is a need for Quicken to implement this feature. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja , that is awesome news! Hopefully sooner rather had later! Fingers crossed!