Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

One Step Update - Always Unchecked!

All my accounts are always unchecked in One Step Update. Need to manually select before updates. Version R27.24 27.1.27.24
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• figsysfigsys Member ✭✭
    OK now - I was clicking Apply and the Update. Need to Close first then settings saved. Tx
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't need to close after clicking on "Apply" but if that's what worked for you then "Yay!".  I'm glad your issue has been resolved.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.10 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • sweenejohnesweenejohne Member
    Boatnmaniac, I have the exact same issue with One Step Update. I am running the same Quicken build for Windows as figsys.
    After opening One Step Update, after clicking "All" then "Apply" then "Close" Quicken does not remember the settings. The next time One Step Update is opened, all accounts remain checked.
    I never unchecked any of the One Step Update accounts. Quicken did so on its own. It would be nice to have a fix.
    @sweenejohne - Your issue appears to be different because clicking Apply and then Close saved his OSU settings.  Sorry, but I just can't think of anything that might be causing your issue. 
    You might want to contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.  If you have Premier or Home & Business:  Premier Support is included with your subscription so you can call phone number found at the top right  of your Quicken.com account page.  (Note: Quicken Support is now closed until Sunday for Independence Day holiday.)

If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • figsysfigsys Member ✭✭
    Just updated to R27.28. Workaround stopped working. Need to keep selecting again.

- Select All - Apply - Close. Open One Step Update. None selected
    - Select All - Apply - Update. Open One Step Update. None selected

Please add this to your known issue list.
    I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what could possibly cause Quicken to act this way.  It's unlikely that it's a program issue because there simply aren't many people posting about this.  So, it's most likely something unique to some individuals.
    This is probably a long shot but maybe your Quicken Cloud Account might have something to do with it.  Cloud Accounts do contain some data like categories and settings (no financial data if you don't have Mobile & Web turned on).  If something is amiss with that you might want try this:
    1)  If you have Mobile & Web turned on:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset your cloud data > No, just reset my Cloud data (unless you have Mobile or Web data that first needs to be sync'd with your data file in which case Yes, sync first and then reset) > Yes > Reset.  This will not remove any data from your computer.
    2)  If you don't have Mobile & Web turned on:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync: On > Reset your cloud data > No, just reset my Cloud data > Yes > Reset.  After reset is complete, you can turn Sync Off.  This process will not move any of your financial data to your Cloud Account.
    3)  After reset is complete:  Edit > Preferences > Cloud ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as different user > Yes > Sign Out.
    4)  Close and reopen Quicken and log in with your current Quicken ID and PW.
    5)  Try saving your account PWs in Password Vault.
    Like I said, this is a long shot but it won't hurt to try it.
  • fredhale6914fredhale6914 Member ✭✭
    For the past month or so, every time I open One-Step Update (OSU), all the checkboxes are unchecked. I select "All", run update and when I go back into OSU, the checkboxes or again unchecked. Oddly, I just added a new account. When I first went into OSU, the new account was checked. But, after running update, it too is now remaining unchecked. Any one know what causing this?
  • figsysfigsys Member ✭✭
    Clearing Quicken Cloud Account did not work.
  • fredhale6914fredhale6914 Member ✭✭
    Oddly enough, while Download Transactions and Balances check boxes continue to remain unchecked (even after selecting All and clicking Apply), Download Quotes under Online Service allow you to uncheck or check this item, click apply and this is retained. Very inconsistent...