One Step Update - Always Unchecked!

All my accounts are always unchecked in One Step Update. Need to manually select before updates. Version R27.24 27.1.27.24
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    After you manually check the accounts or actions you want to be updated each time, did you first click on "Apply" before using your "Enter" key or clicking on "Update Now"?  If you click on "Apply" first, Quicken should remember your settings for the next time.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    After you manually check the accounts or actions you want to be updated each time, did you first click on "Apply" before using your "Enter" key or clicking on "Update Now"?  If you click on "Apply" first, Quicken should remember your settings for the next time.

• figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    OK now - I was clicking Apply and the Update. Need to Close first then settings saved. Tx
  • Boatnmaniac
    You shouldn't need to close after clicking on "Apply" but if that's what worked for you then "Yay!".  I'm glad your issue has been resolved.

• sweenejohne
    sweenejohne Member
    Boatnmaniac, I have the exact same issue with One Step Update. I am running the same Quicken build for Windows as figsys.
    After opening One Step Update, after clicking "All" then "Apply" then "Close" Quicken does not remember the settings. The next time One Step Update is opened, all accounts remain checked.
    I never unchecked any of the One Step Update accounts. Quicken did so on its own. It would be nice to have a fix.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @sweenejohne - Your issue appears to be different because clicking Apply and then Close saved his OSU settings.  Sorry, but I just can't think of anything that might be causing your issue. 
    You might want to contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.  If you have Premier or Home & Business:  Premier Support is included with your subscription so you can call phone number found at the top right  of your Quicken.com account page.  (Note: Quicken Support is now closed until Sunday for Independence Day holiday.)

• figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    Just updated to R27.28. Workaround stopped working. Need to keep selecting again.

- Select All - Apply - Close. Open One Step Update. None selected
    - Select All - Apply - Update. Open One Step Update. None selected

Please add this to your known issue list.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what could possibly cause Quicken to act this way.  It's unlikely that it's a program issue because there simply aren't many people posting about this.  So, it's most likely something unique to some individuals.
    This is probably a long shot but maybe your Quicken Cloud Account might have something to do with it.  Cloud Accounts do contain some data like categories and settings (no financial data if you don't have Mobile & Web turned on).  If something is amiss with that you might want try this:
    1)  If you have Mobile & Web turned on:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset your cloud data > No, just reset my Cloud data (unless you have Mobile or Web data that first needs to be sync'd with your data file in which case Yes, sync first and then reset) > Yes > Reset.  This will not remove any data from your computer.
    2)  If you don't have Mobile & Web turned on:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync: On > Reset your cloud data > No, just reset my Cloud data > Yes > Reset.  After reset is complete, you can turn Sync Off.  This process will not move any of your financial data to your Cloud Account.
    3)  After reset is complete:  Edit > Preferences > Cloud ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as different user > Yes > Sign Out.
    4)  Close and reopen Quicken and log in with your current Quicken ID and PW.
    5)  Try saving your account PWs in Password Vault.
    Like I said, this is a long shot but it won't hurt to try it.

• fredhale6914
    fredhale6914 Member ✭✭
    For the past month or so, every time I open One-Step Update (OSU), all the checkboxes are unchecked. I select "All", run update and when I go back into OSU, the checkboxes or again unchecked. Oddly, I just added a new account. When I first went into OSU, the new account was checked. But, after running update, it too is now remaining unchecked. Any one know what causing this?
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    Clearing Quicken Cloud Account did not work.
  • fredhale6914
    fredhale6914 Member ✭✭
    Oddly enough, while Download Transactions and Balances check boxes continue to remain unchecked (even after selecting All and clicking Apply), Download Quotes under Online Service allow you to uncheck or check this item, click apply and this is retained. Very inconsistent...
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    Just updated to R30.14 One Step Update does not retain bank and institution settings. Only Online Settings seem to be retained. This has not worked for me since R27.

One Step Update Settings - Select All - Apply - Close. Open One Step Update. None selected
    One Step Update Settings - Select All - Apply - Update. Open One Step Update. None selected

Please add this to your known issue list.
  • falconjock
    falconjock Member ✭✭
    I too am having the same issue with One Step Update. First One Step Update after opening program automatically shows and updates only quotes and Bills. Second Update shows all accounts but unchecked. Selecting all and Apply only works for that Update session, attempting subsequent Updates requires selecting all accounts again. Does not matter if I select "all" and Apply then Close or just "all", Apply and Update Now, always have to reselect "all". I have 2 other independent Quicken data files that work normally.
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    R30.21 and still not working. Quicken would be nice to at least acknowledge this is an issue.
  • I'm having this exact problem as well. I'm also on R30.21 and this has been an issue consistently for me through all updates since Sep 2020. I have tried validating, super-validating, creating a file copy, and all the remedies listed in this thread. No change in behavior.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @James Duckworth

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that this issue has persisted for quite some time.

At this point, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Hi Tyka,

I followed your advice and contacted support. The first agent refused to go any further unless I validated the file (again!). Since my file is quite large and has data going back many years, it takes over one hour to validate. The agent said I would have to re-connect with support and send the DATA_LOG.TXT file at another time.

So I did that and contacted support again a few days later (life got too busy to wait online for an agent). I explained the situation (again) and this agent refused to even look at the DATA_LOG.TXT file (as specified by the previous agent). The agent simply said my file was too big and too old to work anymore and I would have to start a new file. He said that happens some times and best to start over. He argued with me that it was not a bug, "otherwise we would have lots of calls about it right now". I asked why I should stay with Quicken if my data files will get corrupted every few years, and he then said I can just report it as a bug and that was all he could do to help me.

So pretty un-helpful. I suspect the chat agents only have a basic knowledge of the product and once their 'script' is exhausted that's the default answer.

So, I'm still stuck with the One Step Update issue, and clearly Quicken support is not interested in diagnosing it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly how large is this QDF file? Do HELP, and hold down CTRL while you click About Quicken for this info.
    The Win reported file size if misleading, because it included other files (including attachments) that are in the QDF wrapper that Windows knows about.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• James Duckworth
    James Duckworth Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    @NotACPA here's a screenshot of the info. The agent did not ask for this.
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Here's mine (I started this thread), still having same issue. Present in R27 and we're in R31.
  • James Duckworth
    James Duckworth Member ✭✭
    So a minor update - I was able to fully resolve this issue, but I really have no idea what was the magic remedy. I was having some issues with other features (server errors on OSU, Zestimate function not working) so I decided to do a detailed 'cleanse' of my file.

Here's the steps I took - your mileage may vary:
    1.) Run OSU
    2.) Create backup file
    3.) Update to R31.20
    4.) Accept transactions from OSU in step 1
    5.) Run Validate (both Validate file & Rebuild investing lots selected) - this corrected a number of things including deleting about 40 invalid transactions for a bogus "ACCT_XXXX" with bogus dates
    6.) Run Super-Validate (again both Validate file & Rebuild investing lots selected) - fixed errors in some investment transactions and deleted a invalid category
    7.) Created a new copy of the file (File > File Operations > Copy) - gave it a new name and new password
    8.) Run Super-Validate on new file (again both Validate file & Rebuild investing lots selected) - recategorized 10 "buy" transactions that were showing realized gain

One my next OSU, all the accounts stayed checked and have ever since. Again, I have no idea what actually fixed it, but it does seem to imply some type of file corruption that took a few wash/rinse/repeat validation cycles to clean up.
This discussion has been closed.