Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)

How do I correct the CUSIP ID on a security?

wilson_carterwilson_carter Member ✭✭
edited June 30 in Investing (Windows)
I am showing the CUSPID for SPYD that is incorrect. It should be on SPYV, as a result all my dividends and downloaded transactions go to the incorrect security (apparently it downloads based on the CUSPID, but updates to the register based on the Security. I cannot find a way to edit the CUSPID.

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edited the title of this post from CUSPID to CUSIP ID
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • BKBK Member ✭✭
    I read @Sherlock 's response few times to fully comprehend the behavior - Thank you @Sherlock . I wish we could edit and manually enter the CUSIP ID value in Quicken (enhancement request, tho very minor). I have few instances where the FI is not providing the CUSIP ID, so it is blank. Yet I have researched and verified the correct CUSIP value and wish I could simply enter it to [wishfully] create a match. So I second the original post.
    - QWin Deluxe Subs latest 2020; User since 2010
    - Don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile, Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    - Techie, Win10 Pro v2004
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BK said:
    I read @Sherlock 's response few times to fully comprehend the behavior - Thank you @Sherlock . I wish we could edit and manually enter the CUSIP ID value in Quicken (enhancement request, tho very minor). I have few instances where the FI is not providing the CUSIP ID, so it is blank. Yet I have researched and verified the correct CUSIP value and wish I could simply enter it to [wishfully] create a match. So I second the original post.
    @BK  If a security doesn't have a CUSIP ID, the security has not been matched to a security provided by the FI.   I suspect you may have mismatched the security.  The issue should be apparent when you compare the holdings:  select Tools > Online Center, the FI, the account, the Holdings tab, and Compare to Portfolio...
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • wilson_carterwilson_carter Member ✭✭
    The issue (which has occurred on my Brother in Law's account as well, is that a financial institution (FI) is reporting an incorrect CUSPID for two ETFs. SPYV and SPYD. When dividends are posted, dividends for SPYV show up on the register as though they were dividends for SPYD (and vice versa). When dealing with a managed account that includes both these ETFs it can obviously cause problems and confusion as the amount of the mismatch is not necessarily the amount of the transaction, it is the difference between the transactions. My question is: Can the CUSPID be edited?