Honda Financial Services New Login

Honda Financial Services (HFS) has recently changed its login on their website: www.hondafinancialservices.com from requiring a username to entering a valid email address and password. When I enter the new login in QFM it returns the error shown in the screenshot. I can login into HFS without any issues. Does QFM need to reestablish a connection in order for the account to be recognized again?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Casablanca

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With the specific error you're receiving, (Aggregator in error) we'll actually need to contact  Quicken Support via chat or phone to collect logs for the error. It's something that we need to look into on our end in order to get the issue resolved. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• beachbumsteve
    beachbumsteve Member ✭✭
    I reported this issue 10/21. No resolution as of 10/27.
  • Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭
    Quicken Tech Support has escalated this issue to their developers for a resolution...
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Honda Financial Services recently changed their login process to authenticate through a new URL. I am able to login at https://login.honda.com/hondafinance/ but Quicken probably hasn't updated things on their side to make this work. It hasn't worked since 10/15/2020 w/ Quicken. I did an Online chat for help with Quicken and was directed to call Honda and ask them to contact Quicken to resolve it. Really? Really. Can someone at Quicken please look into the issue and make the necessary changes?
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken, when will this be resolved?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @robjessica,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If your financial institution has changed its URL, then it would require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please, review this support article.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @robjessica  Part of the reason Quicken can't simply "look into the issue and make the necessary changes" is that it's not as simple as it may seem. For one thing, the URL you the username and password you use to log in directly to a financial institution's consumer-facing website as quite often different from the URL (and sometimes login credentials) that Quicken uses to download transactions.

Perhaps more importantly, Quicken is actually a fairly small company, and they do not handle most downloading directly; they use an outside service provider -- former parent company Intuit -- to work with the 14,000+ financial institutions. Intuit manages connectivity and downloading for Quicken, for its own services (like Mint and Quickbooks) and for other clients. The only thing Quicken's support team can do is reach out to the team at Intuit to report a problem. In some cases, that group can try reaching out to the financial institution, but things get done more quickly when financial institutions reach out to Intuit about their changes. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    jacobs, thank you for your lengthy response. Having worked in information technology architecture for 20+ years I do have an idea of what needs to be changed and sympathize with Quicken as I suspect this is a fairly consistent game of whack-a-mole where outside entities change connection protocols without warning or regard for Quicken users.

Last year I encountered a similar issue and was told the same thing by Quicken, call the company and tell them. I did. The other company told me to call Quicken, it wasn’t their problem. I don’t believe putting customers in the middle of the relationship between Quicken and financial entities is a wise decision. An appropriate response I would appreciate from Quicken is “thank you for reporting this, please allow us some time to review it”. I have no reasonable expectation that it is resolved immediately, only that I’m not responsible for mediating the resolution between Quicken and financial partners.
This discussion has been closed.