Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Select the Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box

Good morning Community.  I'm trying to setup one of my checking accounts to automatically reconcile after I download the transactions.  I'm looking all over the place for an "Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box."  Does anyone know where it is please?  By the way, I currently download the transactions, manually accept them (upon matching) and then do a manual reconcile.  The manual reconcile is not difficult all but I'd like it to automatically do it after I accept the transactions.  

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the Online Services tab of the Account have you checked the box "Reconcile using online balances?"
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    @Tom Young
    Yes Tom, that box is checked on all of my spending accounts...and it's only one checking account that will not automatically reconcile.
  • Tom Young
    I completely missed your direct question of where's the "Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box"so let me at least answer that:
    Are you not seeing that box on the first page that comes up when you attempt to reconcile?
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    @Tom Young

No Tom, I'm not seeing that box.  It goes right to the manual reconcile page for the checking account I'm referring to.  And it's just this account.
  • Tom Young
    I'm puzzled.  If you uncheck the auto reconcile feature under Online Services, does the page pictured show up?
    You might try the File > File Operations > Copy, and then using the copy File Operations > Validate & Repair.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    @Tom Young
    I'll certainly try it Tom.  This is not the end of the world; just a good old fashioned annoyance.

Most importantly, thank you for your counsel.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If it bugs you enough you might try creating a new account and moving the transactions to it.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW
    Thank you Chris.  I'll be saving that FAQ.