Select the Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box

Good morning Community.  I'm trying to setup one of my checking accounts to automatically reconcile after I download the transactions.  I'm looking all over the place for an "Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box."  Does anyone know where it is please?  By the way, I currently download the transactions, manually accept them (upon matching) and then do a manual reconcile.  The manual reconcile is not difficult all but I'd like it to automatically do it after I accept the transactions.  

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the Online Services tab of the Account have you checked the box "Reconcile using online balances?"
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Young
    Yes Tom, that box is checked on all of my spending accounts...and it's only one checking account that will not automatically reconcile.
  • Tom Young
    I completely missed your direct question of where's the "Auto reconcile downloaded transactions check box"so let me at least answer that:
    Are you not seeing that box on the first page that comes up when you attempt to reconcile?
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Young

No Tom, I'm not seeing that box.  It goes right to the manual reconcile page for the checking account I'm referring to.  And it's just this account.
  • Tom Young
    I'm puzzled.  If you uncheck the auto reconcile feature under Online Services, does the page pictured show up?
    You might try the File > File Operations > Copy, and then using the copy File Operations > Validate & Repair.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Young
    I'll certainly try it Tom.  This is not the end of the world; just a good old fashioned annoyance.

Most importantly, thank you for your counsel.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If it bugs you enough you might try creating a new account and moving the transactions to it.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW
    Thank you Chris.  I'll be saving that FAQ.
  • davidtkhayes
    davidtkhayes Member ✭✭
    I have auto-reconcile turned off on one checking account but it still reconciles every transaction that was downloaded. I tried verify and repair. I turned the reconcile option on and then off again to see if that would trigger it. no difference. I want to turn off the feature.

When I do reconcile the account at the end of the month, I do get the dialog box asking about the paper statement or online balance and I always check 'paper statement'. I then get the dialogue asking 'are you sure you want to switch to paper statements', but then it still auto-reconciles that account during the next download.

this only happens on two accounts.I have a dozen or so
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have auto-reconcile turned off on one checking account but it still reconciles every transaction that was downloaded. I tried verify and repair. I turned the reconcile option on and then off again to see if that would trigger it. no difference. I want to turn off the feature.

When I do reconcile the account at the end of the month, I do get the dialog box asking about the paper statement or online balance and I always check 'paper statement'. I then get the dialogue asking 'are you sure you want to switch to paper statements', but then it still auto-reconciles that account during the next download.

this only happens on two accounts.I have a dozen or so

You seem to have the opposite problem as @artg, but the same recommendation would probably apply, move the transactions to a new account.

Note that your choice of paper vs online such "stick", if each time you come in, you find it selecting online balances then that is already an indication of some kind of problem with the account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.