Does Quicken Host An Actual Bug Reporting System?

Bill Wayson
Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
I can find no way to report a bug in Quicken. Perhaps it is well-hidden. With the 27.1.31.5 update of Q for Windows (from 30.21), the search and filters bar in Debt (loans) -> Payment Details got messed up. (This is a horizontal area directly above the payment register.) The Search field went from extreme right to extreme left; the Filters drop downs and Reset button were shifted right; and the Show Payment Graph label and check box now overlays parts of the transaction type drop down and Reset button. If there were a way to post files with this question, I could show the difference between the two Q versions.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    If you are wanting to report a program problem directly to Quicken you can do it from within the program at Help > Report a problem...

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    If you are wanting to report a program problem directly to Quicken you can do it from within the program at Help > Report a problem...

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some kind of "scaling", or maybe a "refresh" problem.
    For what it worth this is what is should look like:

Note that moving the search to the left and making it bigger and being able to hide the filters was intentional:

From the release notes:
    • Improved: Updated and decluttered the register. Changes include increasing the size of the search box and collapsing the filter bar. The filter bar now features modernized drop-down menus and resets when collapsed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • schmidtj
    schmidtj Member ✭✭
    Instead of moving it unilaterally it should be a user selectable location. I like the upper right.
  • Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Boatnmaniac, thank you for your pointer. Very helpful!

Chris_QPW, thank you for your screenshot (and how did you embed it in your comment?). I see something very similar with the addition of a misplaced "Show Payment Graph" label and checkbox obscuring parts of the "All Transactions" drop down and "Reset" button.

schmidtj, thanks for your response. I'm not so concerned with the placement (programmers cannot please everyone). I'd just like to see all the fields separated with none of them overlaying others.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bill Wayson  The ability to insert graphics directly into posts is only made available to users with more "points" (visible as Stars adjacent to your ID).
    I think that it takes 50 points (i.e., 2 stars) to do this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2021
    NotACPA said:
    @Bill Wayson  The ability to insert graphics directly into posts is only made available to users with more "points" (visible as Stars adjacent to your ID).
    I think that it takes 50 points (i.e., 2 stars) to do this.
    I believe this restriction only refers to the icons bar for insertion of graphics.  I've heard from someone else that anyone can click and drag a picture file from a Windows directory folder into a post...but I can't confirm this because I have exceeded the "points" requirement.  Maybe Bill Wayson wants to try this to confirm it?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be various stages of inserting and image.
    The first is "none", but it seems that the moderators found out that you could in fact drag and drop no matter what.
    The second is where you get an icon the comment header to add one, but it isn't "inline" it shows up as an attachment (that is true of the drag and drop also).
    Finally if you get enough points/stars you get "What you see" editor and at that point is where you can start to put them inline.
    Signature:
  • Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all the image comments. While it does not appear to result in an inline image, drag-and-drop does create an attachment. Attached is what I see in Debt -> Payment Details. Based on Chris_QPW's screenshot, the issue might be with my Windows environment, which is Crossover Office (20.0.4rc4 and 19.0.2). if so, I wouldn't expect Quicken to do anything about it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I now can reproduce the problem.  What I did wrong before was use a loan account that is paid off.  So I just deleted my last payment on that account (just as a test) and here is the result.

And

Signature:
  • Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW, _thank you_ for taking the time to confirm the issue. Good observation on the paid-off connection. Can you confirm that you run Quicken on a genuine Windows or Mac OS, and tell me the version? I am happy to report this to Quicken, but I am afraid that if they learn I am not using Windows or OSx, I'll get the 'we-do-not-support-that' treatment. And, may I use yur two latest screenshots, if necessary? Thanks again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Then just don't tell them what you are running on.   :)
    Go ahead and submit the problem (Help -> Report a problem).

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, Quicken version R31.8.
    I went ahead and submitted it too.

Should be a easy fix since they just need to move the controls that are overlapped.
    Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    I, too, am seeing this overlap problem and have reported it to Quicken.  The more people who report problem the more they are likely to act quickly on it.

• Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @Boatnmaniac. Reported!
  • reanglin
    reanglin Member
    i definitely want it back on the right. For years it's been on the right and now it's an automatic hand movement to go there. What a pain. Should be user choice!
  • duncanjv2
    duncanjv2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I'm seeing exactly the same problem on my standard Windows 10 and Dell laptop. I believe it started in the last few days or so, because I go to that screen pretty much every day and I would have noticed it before.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I have been able to successfully and reliably recreate this issue and have gone ahead and reported this as a bug.

I will be back to provide an update as soon as I have more information available. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for your patience, an official bug ticket has been opened. I do not have an ETA to provide at this time, but I will provide more updates as they become available.

Thank you,

CTP-1758
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.