How do I get Quicken to accept my classification on a new car loan account in SEFCU?

Options
I recently bought a new car with a loan through SEFCU. When I try to set up the loan using "+" to add the account, Quicken identifies the loan, but classifies it as a "Credit Card" and gives me no other option. If I try to set it up through the process that first identifies the car as an asset and then asks me if I want to set up a loan account, Quicken doesn't even identify the account at SEFCU. It does identify all my other accounts at SEFCU, including a mortgage account I am not currently tracking through SEFCU, and that account it would allow me to set up as a car loan! Is there any way to fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @DrDaveW49

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DrDaveW49
    DrDaveW49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spoke with Tech Support at Quicken last evening. They say the problem is with the program. They forwarded the issue to the "higher level" to see about solving the problem there. In the meantime I have to treat the account as a credit card, which is OK, except that I can't sort out principal from interest unless I do it by hand each month. (I've done all the steps you describe in your comment sometime in the past year, without success---which I suppose isn't surprising if the problem is at Quicken's end of things.)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @DrDaveW49

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If this loan is being presented improperly, there are no additional steps we can do at this time to correct this presentation.

I would consider tracking the loan manually and creating a loan reminder to properly split the principal and interest.

If you are following the amortization schedule, this ends up being similar to downloading the account as the reminder is scheduled to be entered every month. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • wrens
    wrens Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. Is there a resolution?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @wrens,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in February, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.