I have to log in every time I update my account (Q Mac)

Quicken won't remember my Quicken password. Every time I launch Quicken, and go to update my bank accounts, I get the Quicken Sign In window.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Dave B.

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would recommend removing the Quicken password from the keychain.

To learn more, please take a moment to review the steps and available here.

Hello @""phantom pilot"

I would also recommend similar steps. However, you will be removing the password for the financial institution from the keychain. 

First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, update the bank list in Quicken

1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.

Lastly, re-add the accounts

1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Dave B.

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if it thinks you may not be signed in each time. To start off here lets try signing out and signing in to see what we're able to find out. You can do so by going across the top to Quicken > Sign Out. Once you've signed out sign back into your Quicken account.

Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to update the accounts without needing to do the sign in each time. If it's still popping up let us know and we'll take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dave B.
    Dave B. Member
    Hi Francisco,

Thank you for trying to help.

Went to Quicken > Sign Out.

I signed back in.

Updated accounts.

Quit Quicken

Relaunched Quicken (I appeared automatically signed in) as my name is under the Q icon in the upper right.

clicked Update accounts, and got the Sign In form box again!

Next steps?

Thanks for your help,
    Dave
  • phantom pilot
    phantom pilot Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar problem. A dialog opens asking me to sign in. Once I sign in, it asks me for passwords for most of my banking and investment accounts as well. This happens each time I open Quicken.

This is quite painful, as I have a lot of accounts.

It was working fine last weekend (March 6).
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Dave B.

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would recommend removing the Quicken password from the keychain.

To learn more, please take a moment to review the steps and available here.

Hello @""phantom pilot"

I would also recommend similar steps. However, you will be removing the password for the financial institution from the keychain. 

First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, update the bank list in Quicken

1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.

Lastly, re-add the accounts

1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, make sure that the "Add password to Keychain" checkbox is checked when you are prompted to enter a password. Otherwise Quicken will ask you for the password each time it needs to connect to an account at a financial institution.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • phantom pilot
    phantom pilot Member ✭✭
    I just completed all of the steps above, and got my accounts to relink.

However, after I quit Quicken and then re-opened the application, the program asked for my password to log into Quicken, and then prompted me for my credentials for the accounts I had just re-added. Also, none of the passwords were saved to the Keychain, despite the checkbox being checked to do that.
  • phantom pilot
    phantom pilot Member ✭✭
    I restarted my computer, and re-entered the passwords, and now it seems to be working correctly, remember my Quicken logon, as well as my financial account passwords.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @phantom pilot
    Thanks for the update. 

Especially appreciate the tip that restarting the computer might be necessary to get Quicken connected to the Keychain.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Dave B.
    Dave B. Member
    To clarify, it wasn't the individual bank accounts' passwords that were the issue, it was when trying to get data updates from the banks, the Quicken Verify password popup appear. Once I cleared the Quicken apps entries in my keychain, I was able to login again and it stuck!

Thanks Quicken_Tyka and everyone else for their suggestions.
    -Dave
  • cwiener
    cwiener Member ✭✭✭
    So, I'm having the same problem as @""phantom pilot” had - every time I update my online accounts, I am asked to enter my Quicken login password and am then asked to re-enter passwords for a number of my accounts.

I followed the procedure laid out by @Quicken_Tyka, quit Quicken, and reopened it. When I went to update my online accounts, I had the same problems as before. So it didn’t fix my issues.

This is a recent issue and it is really frustrating as it was working well until recently.
  • Hello @cwiener,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, as well as for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided, though we are sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist for you.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed to resolve this for you, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.