Voya will not download to update my Quicken file. Error 2000 - QMac

Options

Answers

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    To Jacobs

Just need help with entering buy/sell transactions, Price quotes. I have 401K and 403B accounts. Just need to deal with the daily, weekly change in value. Money is not being added to accounts - I am already retired.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Entering Buy and Sell transactions is pretty straightforward. Click on the account in the left sidebar, click on the Transactions tab, and click New (or press Command-N). That brings you to this window:

Enter the date, and from the Type field, select from the pro-down menu what type fo transaction you're entering. It defaults to Buy, but almost any type of transaction is in the menu:

The only thing that might trip you up is that Quicken lets you enter the Total cost and number of shares in a transaction, and it calculates the price/share which may be fractional different than what your brokerage shows:

In this example, the calculated share price is $277.777778 per share, while your brokerage might just show $277.78. Your brokerage is rounding to the penny, and Quicken is showing it to 6 decimal places, but tat difference doesn't matter.

As for security prices, are the securities regular traded stocks or bonds or mutual funds? If so, as long as you have the correct Symbol in the Security setup, like here…

… then Quicken will automatically pull in price quotes from its quotes provider when you click the Accounts Update button (the circular arrow) at the top of the left sidebar. You can see this when you click Price History in that window…

You don't need to pul in price quotes daily; if you do it after 6 weeks, it will pull in all the data since your last update.

If the security is not traded, or not on an exchange Quicken gets quotes for, you can manually enter prices in this same window. Fill in Date and Closing Price and you can ignore the other fields; click the Add button on the right to add this manual price entry to the table.

I'll stop there for now; post back with more questions as you have them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Options
    Oh, one more thing to add which isn't apparent at first glance: if you sell shares (or receive dividends) and transfer the cash to another account (like your checking account), you accomplish this in the register by selecting the last item on the Type menu: Payment/Deposit. This transaction type is like a Quicken transaction in any banking account: you can specify a Transfer to another account to move the money from the investment account to the banking account.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The securities I have in Voya Institutional Plan Services, do not have "normal" symbol you would see for a security listed on the one of the stock market exchanges.

For example for BlackRock Equity Index, the symbol is BSTBUY:627060:N3, Quotes only updated before when I chose update transaction. The account states Last download March 25, 2021 15:27 (Direct Connect)

I have email Voya with the information about OFX Connectivity:

Voya needs to update its entry in the website for OFX Connectivity for Financial Institutions website at this address https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/
  • dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your efforts and valuable time. It looks like entering the Price history answers my question.
  • Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    Options
    I still think Voya will get this resolved within the week.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hayesjw said:
    I still think Voya will get this resolved within the week.
    Now there is an optimist!   :)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just sent this email to Voya. I suggest others do the same.

"I called your support line earlier this week regarding difficulty downloading Voya transactions into my Quicken program. This functionality is very important to me, and a number of other users who are posting their frustration of Voya on the Quicken user support website. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890635/cant-download-voya-inst-plan-services-retirement-account -- Please let me know when this functionality will be restored and that you are aware of the issue that has occurred since 3/19/21."
  • branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just received this from Voya:

Our IT Department is now working to resolve the issue. In general we would expect to hear something back within 2-3 business days, Once we have any additional information we will reach out to you.
  • dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please keep us posted
  • wbthomas
    wbthomas Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yesterday I submitted this comment on a different thread. Copying here as it may help readers of this thread. I have been unable to update two Voya Institutional Plan Services accounts since 3/19. I have spoken to Quicken Support and they state that the problem is on Voya's end, and I believe them, since Voya Institutional Plan Services no longer appears as a supported financial institution on the list of accounts. According to Quicken, customers need to call Voya Customer Services and ask to escalate the call to a Manager, and explain that Voya needs to update its entry in the website for OFX Connectivity for Financial Institutions website at this address https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/ . I called Voya Customer Service yesterday and the agent didn't know what Quicken was and then tried to give me stock answers from Voya website about how to set up accounts in Quicken and troubleshooting by deleting the Voya accounts and then reentering, which won't work because Voya Institutional Plan Services (with or without the zzz- prefix) is no longer on the accounts list. I couldn't get the agent to escalate the call to a manager, but she did complete a ticket on which I spelled out the financial partners website that Voya needs to enter the correct information. More customers need to call Voya and ask that Voya correct its information on the OFX financial partner website above in order to get this fixed. Be insistent and it may get done sooner rather than later. (PS while I use a Mac I'm fairly sure the same problem is occurring with Windows users.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wbthomas said:
     (PS while I use a Mac I'm fairly sure the same problem is occurring with Windows users.)
    Yes that is correct.  There is a nice long Windows' thread(s) on the subject.
    Signature:
  • Gadi@
    Gadi@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that Voya stopped supporting Quicken users. I have a laptop that I use while traveling. I opened Quicken on that laptop, which had data going back a few weeks ago. I've connected to Voya and it was using the old name and it updated the prices for all securities. Once I've restored the data from my current set (on a different computer), it brought along the zzz and refused to update. Looks like an IT issue - probably the Voya's programmers broke something without even realizing they were doing so.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Gadi@ said:
    I've connected to Voya and it was using the old name and it updated the prices for all securities. 
    Quicken gets its prices from three sources.
    1. A third part quote service.
    2. Downloaded with the transactions from the financial institution.
    3. Manual input.
    Given #1, the prices will update even if the security transactions were manually entered.  Only if you were to have gotten transactions would that prove that on the other machine you had Voya support.
    Signature:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It wasn't the programmers.  It was Voya management that conveyed to Q/Intuit that Voya no longer wished to be a "Participating Financial Institution" (I.E., "Voya Financial Partners, LLC" and "Voya Institutional Plan Services" no longer wanted to provide downloads into Q).
    THAT'S how those entities got the zzz prefix in FIDIR.TXT, which documents how the various FI's connect to Q.
    Securities quotes can also, for publicly traded securities, come from Q's quotes provider, so your example demonstrates nothing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    It wasn't the programmers.  It was Voya management that conveyed to Q/Intuit that Voya no longer wished to be a "Participating Financial Institution" (I.E., "Voya Financial Partners, LLC" and "Voya Institutional Plan Services" no longer wanted to provide downloads into Q).
    Or someone at Voya forgot to pay Intuit's annual tax service fee for participating, and Intuit cut them off. ;)  (Intuit, the former parent company of Quicken, still handles connectivity services for Quicken.)

In any case, the "zzz" prefix indicates they are not longer active in Intuit's system, which is something only Voya can fix. In one of the other threads, a user said a Boy a rep told him they were aware of this issue, working on it, and expected a resolution by early next week. I don't know if that's correct info or not; only time will tell.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're suggesting that it takes Voya until early next week to pay a bill???
    That should be reason enough for ALL Voya customers to bail out!!!

• jacobs
    Options
    @NotACPA  You're suggesting that in a large company, any decision can be done without multiple meetings and people signing off on a decision? ;)

I don't know how long it takes them to pay a bill; I don't know how long it takes Intuit to process a payment. And I surely hope they didn't send it via U.S. mail or this problem will surely linger into April!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm suggesting that if Voya merely neglected to pay a bill, then it shouldn't take well over a week (how long has this issue been going on?) to remedy the issue.
    This premise is, IMO, preposterous.
    Voya made an intentional decision to drop Q.  MAYBE it would take over a week to reverse that decision, due to popular outrage/pressure/calls, but Voya customers SHOULD STILL BAIL OUT because of this.
    I've discontinued several cards and banks in the past when they dropped Q.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    And I surely hope they didn't send it via U.S. mail or this problem will surely linger into April!
    I recently sent my passport to get renewed by U.S. mail from California to Texas.  It was supposed to be there by the 22nd, three days from when I sent it.  For some reason they decided to send it to Minnesota and then truck it back to Texas.  It was delivered today.

Maybe Voya’s payment is going through Alaska!

Or even worse, someone at Voya uses Quicken Bill Pay and such it might show up in 3 weeks.   ;)
    Signature:
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same exact same error as @mtmurdock with OL-232-A. And it also adds "zzz" to the name.

I am using Quicken on Windows. This has been happening for the past several days this week.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was a workaround posted in the Windows thread on this.  Basically it looks like that the situation is in fact that for whatever reason Intuit/Voya agreement has been terminated, but the Voya OFX servers are still there.  This workaround seems to be getting around a block that Intuit has put in place.  And this has prompted a Mac user to wonder if there is a way to do the same workaround on Mac.

See the three comments starting with this one:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20167483/#Comment_20167483
    Signature:
  • Waterlooville
    Waterlooville Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris.
  • Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having difficulty even trying to replicate Chris' Windows fix on Quicken Mac. This is just crappy and a friggin mess. I am so frustrated by this.
  • dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The process does not work on a Mac. It works very well on PC. I use both operating systems with Quicken. Just a complete mess ! Who would you call to complain ? Voya ? Quicken ?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note the main reason for posting this workaround (which wasn't mine BTW) on this thread is to get a Mac person to confirm that it can't be done on Quicken Mac (since I thought so, but I'm not a Quicken Mac user).  Thanks @dmurad53
    Signature:
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Voya <-> Quicken download is working again.
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    When setting-up, is the download under "Voya Institutional Services"?
  • almcate
    almcate Member ✭✭
    Options
    Account just downloaded. Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) Mac OS
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is "Voya Institutional Services" working for everyone? A few days ago I deactivated and then tried to reactivate with no luck. I tried starting with a new account and no luck either.
This discussion has been closed.