Why are some tax transactions suddenly missing from reports?

Options
FKDIII
FKDIII Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have used Quicken for Windows for years and rerun annual reports for my tax preparation. Today, some transactions are omitted from my long-standing reports. The ones I have discovered specifically are ones in the category Tax:State:*.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @FKDIII,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FKDIII
    FKDIII Member
    Options
    Posting below the text of two email sent in reply that bounced because the address was in valid.

1. Quicken Deluxe
    Version: R32.10
    Build 27.1.323.10

I ran the data file validation as described below several times and saved the logs. The first run listed a handful of 2006 transactions as corrupt. The second run stated that some categories appeared corrupt and were deleted. Checking my category list, I could not identify which were missing; the categories missing from my reports Tax:State:* and Medical:* (only a few of the transactions in those categories) were still missing from reports.

Thank you for your response.

2. Issue update

I deleted the one Tax:State:* transaction missing from my tax report, copied, pasted, and changed the date on an identical transaction that did appear on reports, and the re-entered transaction appeared on my report. I am still missing Medical:Dentist transactions from my report(s); Medical:, Medical:Doctor, are included Medical:Durable Equiipment on Quicken’s Tax Summary Report, but Medical:Dentist transactions are not included.

3. I believe I've solved the Tax:State:* omissions on my self-generated reports, and I believe the Medical:Dentist transactions are not included in Quicken's Tax Summary Report because the Medical:Dentist is not identified as a Schedule A category. How do I designate Medical:Dentist as Schedule A?
    Thanks.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tools > Category List > click Medical:Dentist > click the arrowhead in a circle under the "Action" column > select "Edit" > click "Tax Reporting" > establish connection to Schedule A
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (You cannot reply to email notifications via email, you must go back to the forum to post replies)

To assign a tax line item to a category, go to Tools > Category list.
    Right-click on the category and select Edit.
    Select the Tax reporting tab and select the correct tax line item.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.