Citibank is no longer recognizing my credit card accounts for Online updates. Anyone else?

Options
jrubin48
jrubin48 Member ✭✭
Citibank is no longer recognizing my credit card accounts for Online updates. Anyone else?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jrubin48,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, we will need some additional information.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please elaborate on the issue you are experiencing? Are you receiving any error code(s) and/or message(s) when attempting to run a One Step Update that you can provide us with here?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Version R32.10, Build 27.1.32.10, which should be current. I am not currently getting any errors when I update, but for almost a week I was getting CC-502 and CC-506. The errors stopped this morning, but the number of accounts being updated went from 6 to 4 (again with no error message), because the CC accounts were being excluded. I tried clicking the settings icon on the top right of the account screen and clicked "setup online". It would connect with Citibank and show me the 4 bank accounts, but not the 2 CC accounts.
  • almcate
    almcate Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100), error message cp_account_not_found. Checking and savings accounts just resumed updating, but credit card accounts don't show up at all when updating password.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If possible on the credit card using Direct Connect (financial institution name "Citi Cards" instead of "Citibank") will work and be much more reliable.  Unfortunately not all credit cards serviced by Citibank can use Citi Cards (some store brands).  My Costco card does though and has been very reliable.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW... thanks... I actually tried that earlier with no luck. Searching "Citi Cards" resulted in finding my bank accounts, but no CC... same as "Citbank" search.
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As is often the case, the problem has been magically rectified. However, having been forced to manually update via Citibank export yesterday, I now have many duplicate transactions after the online update started working again.
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I am getting that too with Citibank. Error is CC-800: "It appears one or more of your accounts have been deleted"

That is incorrect. No account was deleted.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Jim Y.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here. If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you,
      -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    Options
    There's more now: As of March 31, when I do one-step update, Quicken does not download my Citibank transactions. There is no error. And there ARE new transactions. Also same for a credit union too.
    No error, but no update either. Looking at the account, the last update is March 31, 2021.

Should I reset the accounts in Quicken? Please advise. This issue started on March 31.
    Non-bank accounts all update fine.
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, my Citi credit card accounts are not recognized.
    On the Quicken app main page, there is a red circle with a red line through it, next to credit account name.
    Hovering over it, it says: Quicken is unable to update your account. Click here to add your account again.

But the account was never deleted. It's still there.
  • SDG is me
    SDG is me Member ✭✭
    Options
    I resolved my like issue by going to a CBank ccard Quicken account. Right click on it. Click on change connection type (instead of reset connection) and put in CB UID and PW. It took me to Re link my CB credit card accounts.
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update April 3: I was able to reset my banking accounts and credit card accounts (no data deleted).
    After the reset, all accounts updated with the latest transactions.

Not sure what caused the issue, but it appears to be resolved, as of now. If I have any issues next week, I'll send an update.
This discussion has been closed.