Using qdf registered to my dad

Options
My father passed away. I am now paying bills for my mother. I have her QDF with all the reminders and history my dad set up. I have my own quicken subscription. I want to start using it at my house but it asks me about the file being registered to my parents email. How do I start using with my quicken without losing all the bill reminders and such. I just want to pick up where dad left off.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m sorry for your loss, my condolences.

All the reminders and history is in the QDF file.  Logging in with your account won’t remove that.
    What will be “lost” is what is in the Quicken cloud data set.  As in anything synced for the purpose of viewing it in Quicken Mobile/web.  And I think the credit score information.  That should be about it.  There should be a link on the login page that allows you to sign in with another Quicken Id.

If you know the password for their Quicken Id you could switch between the two, but that would only really matter if your mother wants to use it for Quicken Mobile/web to also “follow along”.  And it is a bit of a pain to keep switching back and forth.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • John and Regina
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words.

For now I will sign on with Mom and dad's user id. But eventually want to just use one sign on. Right now my mom and dad's subscription is current but when it is time for Mom to renew there is no reason to maintain her subscription as well as my own. (mom has no desire to learn the software - she is just grateful I able to take over were Dad left off, as am I for her sake) Do you know if I have to figure all this out before their subscription ends in order to keep logging in as their user?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can in fact keep logging in using their Quicken Id even after the subscription lapses, but the online services will be disabled, and for Starter it will go to read-only, and for Deluxe and above you can do manual entry, but there will be an ad that takes up about 25% of the window.

This will of course all go back to “active” as soon as you log in with your Quicken Id.

I should point out that the “pain” of switching between the two Quicken IDs is just that you have to login each time.  It isn’t anything “really bad”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @John and Regina,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this, and on behalf of Quicken and myself, please accept our sincerest condolences on the passing of your father.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, when you receive the message prompt asking about the file being registered to your parents' email; are you given the option to change owner? It may help us help you if you could provide us with a screenshot of the prompt, if you don't mind. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot.

Alternatively, if you are not given the option to add attachments, you can also try to drag and drop a screenshot to your response instead.

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.