BrendaS.
BrendaS. Member
Home Loan-how to show interest, escrow, extra payments, etc

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to:
    1) NOT enable the loan account for download.  Doing such will ONLY download the principal payments, and none of the other components.
    2) Use the LOAN WIZARD to set up your payments.  It will properly assign the Principal portion, Interest, Escrow, etc.
    For option 2, you'll also need to set up an Asset type Escrow account.
    The various split components of your payment will appear in your checking account transaction that makes the payment.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dtgardner
    dtgardner Member ✭✭
    Options

The withdrawal from my escrow account shows as an insurance expense for the month which has negative effect on monthly cash flow. I have an escrow account under savings. How do I correct the entry?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dtgardner,

This is an older post that was originally created back in May of 2021, and is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.