My 2020 Deluxe subscription has expired so how can I renew it though only to the Starter Edition?

Options
The Deluxe version expired in early May but I want to renew the subscription for only using the Starter edition. How can I accomplish this downgrade/renewal process? TY

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Rick Riada,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can renew and downgrade your subscription by placing your order online through our Plans & Pricing page found on our website using the same Quicken ID as your previous Deluxe subscription. Or you can call Quicken Support directly during business hours, and one of our support agents will be able to assist you in placing your order over the phone.

Once you have placed your order and the subscription is successfully renewed and downgraded; close and reopen your Quicken program. Then, navigate to Help > About Quicken to see if the change took effect. If not, then please follow the sign-out and sign-in instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, navigate back to Help > About Quicken to confirm that the change took effect successfully.

I hope this helps! 

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick Riada
    Rick Riada Member
    Options
    Ty for this response. After posting the question, I found some info noting that it appears that the Starter edition does not link to my investment accounts only to banking accounts for instance. Hence, I will stick to updating my Deluxe version to the 2021 edition. I suppose that I only have one renewal path via buying the renewal at Quicken.com or.....finding a retailer that sells the 2021 Deluxe version as an existing customer version? TY
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I suppose that I only have one renewal path via buying the renewal at Quicken.com or.....finding a retailer that sells the 2021 Deluxe version as an existing customer version? TY
    Primarily, yes. You can also renew by signing into your My Account page on our website and navigating to the Subscription tab, which can also be accessed through the desktop program via Help > My Quicken Account.

Alternatively, as you mentioned you can also purchase through 3rd party retailers or as previously mentioned by calling Quicken Support directly and placing your order over the phone.

Additionally, I'd also like to include this support article which contains more Subscription Renewal information found in the blue dropdown section titled Expiration and renewing your Quicken membership as well as this support article that also provides more info on manual- and auto-renewal, upgrading, downgrading, and more. 

I hope this information serves to be useful to you.

-Quicken Anja

• Rick Riada
    Rick Riada Member
    Options
    TY for the response (again)! I've been trying to find a retail seller that specifies that their Deluxe version is meant for returning users of the prior version and also looking for discount coupons to help offset the renewal price. Not much luck in either case....
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amazon has it for $39.80 with free shipping.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Rick Riada When purchasing from 3rd party retailers, you will be provided with an Activation Code. This code can be used for both new subscriptions and subscription renewals. 

For reference; the support articles that I provided in my last response also include information about this as well. In the first article, you will find it in the blue dropdown section titled Activating a retail purchase, and for the second article, you will find it in the blue dropdown section titled Instructions for purchases from a retailer (not Quicken.com) - a boxed version or download.

As for discount coupons; unfortunately, I do not have any information available for this as all discount offers on retail purchases are directly provided by the retailer you purchase from.

For discount offers and promo codes offered directly by Quicken; you can call Quicken Support and ask our support agents if there are any currently offered. They will have the necessary tools available to them in order to check that information for you, which this channel, unfortunately, does not. However, please be advised that I cannot guarantee that there will be any offers currently available.

I hope this clarifies things!

-Quicken Anja

• Rick Riada
    Rick Riada Member
    Options
    TY again for responding. I've just recently purchased the Deluxe version to renew my existing software/account though, unfortunately, some of the software's account access update features do not work with more than one of the accounts that I have. So in the meantime I've had to manually enter the various account net values in to the software. Looking back, I probably would have just entered all of the data manually instead of paying for the renewal. Hindsight is so easy to come by.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    unfortunately, some of the software's account access update features do not work with more than one of the accounts that I have. 
    If you don't mind, could please elaborate on the issue(s) you described experiencing above?

Are you referring to One Step Update and downloading transactions from your financial institution(s)? If so, what exactly happens when you try to update?

Please include the account type(s) (e.g.: checking, savings, etc), financial institution name(s), and which connection method(s) you have set up in order to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect) as well as specific error code(s) and/or message(s) if any, you may have received (or are still receiving).

The more details you can provide, the better we can assist! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Rick Riada
    Rick Riada Member
    Options
    The types that are problematic are my non-banking accounts though some of my investment accounts do update the account transactions and balances "correctly" though at least one other is not recognized by the search feature on the software. I think that one known as "Venerable" for instance. Another one keeps saying that I need to have a different account type to download the data. All of my sites using a browser log me into the account pages using my user ID and PW. Maybe it is me or maybe it is the software not really getting into the site(s). I can provide more specifics later if needed. TY
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information. 

For the security "Venerable" that you mentioned; I took the liberty of searching the Security List (Tools > Security List), first by trying the name, and then by trying the ticker symbol (VLV) which for me also found no results. However, when clicking Add Security at the bottom of the Security List window, it does find a list of results that give the option to add it to the Security List (see illustration below).

If you haven't tried adding it to the Security List before, then I recommend starting with that to see if doing so will help.

I do recommend that you always save a backup prior to making any changes to your data, just in case. Additionally, I also recommend that you have your Quicken program fully updated to the latest version release (currently R33.24). Navigate to Help > Check for updates in order to do so, or download and install the latest version's Mondo Patch through this support article

In regard to the "different account type" error message you are receiving, I do have a few more questions, if you don't mind (though no rush ;));
    Another one keeps saying that I need to have a different account type to download the data. 
    What is the name of the financial institution that provides the account in question? Also, what is the actual account type for this account (on the financial institution side)? And last, for clarification; are you still trying to add this account to Quicken but receive the error message instead, or is this account already set up in Quicken manually and you're trying to establish a connection?

It may also be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of the message. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, if you are not given the option to add attachments, then you can also drag and drop a screenshot to your response instead.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja