Can an Archive Copy Be Created So the New Data File has different date ranges.

I've been a Quicken Windows user for many years and my current data file has entries going back many, many years. With the new features release that allows the archive copy to have a date range, is it possible to have certain accounts not be involved in the date range?

For example: I have several checking accounts and credit card accounts going back many years, and really do not need to see entries going back that far. But I also have asset accounts that have entries I want to keep from day one.

Is it possible to create the archive copy using the date range, but exclude certain accounts from that process?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Year-End-Copy only removes reconciled, non-investment, non-transfer transactions. 

If you have non-investment, non-transfer transactions you want to keep when you perform the Year-End-Copy, set the Clr status of these transactions so that they're not Reconciled.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That’s an excellent idea. So even if I use a date range, if I make sure those accounts I want to keep all transaction history on, they will remain in tact going forward since they are not reconciled; correct?
    Correct.  If the non-investment, non-transfer transactions are not marked as Reconciled, they should not be removed by the Year-End-Copy.

Before making any significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2021
    Hello @William Luisi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, the new built-in archive system does not offer the option to exclude or select certain accounts. It only offers the option to choose a date range for the overall data file.

However, if you wish to submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Year-End-Copy only removes reconciled, non-investment, non-transfer transactions. 

If you have non-investment, non-transfer transactions you want to keep when you perform the Year-End-Copy, set the Clr status of these transactions so that they're not Reconciled.
  • William Luisi
    William Luisi Member ✭✭
    That’s an excellent idea. So even if I use a date range, if I make sure those accounts I want to keep all transaction history on, they will remain in tact going forward since they are not reconciled; correct?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Correct.  If the non-investment, non-transfer transactions are not marked as Reconciled, they should not be removed by the Year-End-Copy.

Before making any significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
This discussion has been closed.