Splits not working like they should?

Options
I'm having fits with my split transaction, and am assuming that it is a global issue, and not just an individual one. When using splits, my reports are not correct.

Can I make that assumption, live with it for now, and hope for a fix in the future, or should I call support and/or report an issue?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd love to give you an answer, but you haven't described what the issue is.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spacy stuff...it's working now. All I did was exit Quicken, pwr off PC, pwr on and BAM it works now. Before that I tried validate and super validate...no problems found. I was doing a Costco split of 10.00 on 2 lines 50/50 (-5.00 and -5.00) in red. then below that I was getting in black 20.00. The bottom line was all wacked out $$.$$

Thank You guys for your great responses and all your help for me and everyone else. I don't know how you can do what you do 12 hrs a day, but you do a great job!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TTSguy said:
    I'm having fits with my split transaction, and am assuming that it is a global issue, and not just an individual one. When using splits, my reports are not correct.

Can I make that assumption, ... ?
    Apparently not.  

Glad you got it squared away.  Had a minor issue with my data recently where exiting and restarting fixed it.  Always a good step and never clear why.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TTSguy said:
    Spacy stuff...it's working now. All I did was exit Quicken, pwr off PC, pwr on and BAM it works now. Before that I tried validate and super validate...no problems found. I was doing a Costco split of 10.00 on 2 lines 50/50 (-5.00 and -5.00) in red. then below that I was getting in black 20.00. The bottom line was all wacked out $$.$$

Thank You guys for your great responses and all your help for me and everyone else. I don't know how you can do what you do 12 hrs a day, but you do a great job!
    When editing entries in a split transaction, it is important to remember to select Adjust and to Save the transaction.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what I was seeing:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Despite your categorization, the 3rd line of that split is not the total. It is just another split line.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah those 3 lines make a +10.99 entry in the account.   What account is this in?  A checking account or a credit card account?  You need to start the entry with the net amount of all the split lines.  So how much should come out of the account?  Was the total $30.99 (10.99+20 cash back)?

The split lines should all go the same direction (all red or black)
    Shopping     5.53
    Food             5.46
    Cash            20.00

Total transaction should be 30.99

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a CC Acct, and I didn't put in the 20.00 on 3rd line, that's what I was curious about. I have several transactions where it was added by Quicken, and always double what the total of the split line totals are. I think I got it fixed, but quite honestly don't know what I did to fix or work around it. I'm good for now though. Thanks All! Seem like it was always on a Chg Credit transaction. It get confusing because my FI statement shows a +10.00$, but my Quicken sees it as a -10.00$, so it 's hard to get used to that concept. Especially when doing splits. I'm sure I was doing something wrong! I'll get it rectified.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well you need to get it clear in your head.   I don't think you understand it yet.   Is your credit card account matching the credit card statement?   If you owe the credit card the register balance should be in red.  If it's black that means you overpaid and the credit card owes you.  When you enter charges in the credit card account don't enter them as minus in red.   All the splits lines should be be black.   Like the Costco trip should be a 30.99 charge in the account and split out as I showed above.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.