Unable to sign in

Options
Everytime I start Quicken I get a signin page which repeats twice and ends up at a page "Quicken Setup" with 2 links "Download For Windows" and "Enter A New Product Key". Please see attached image. My subscription is valid and up to date.
I have validated data, uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and loaded current patch.
Continues to happen.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That sounds to me like the Quicken installation file is being opened each time instead of running the  Quicken.exe file.   Would you explain in more detail what you are doing to get Quicken to run?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• guyincnyquick
    Options
    i execute QW.EXE from the windows(C) Program Files(x86) Quicken folder. I see my data files display and then immediately covering the entire window is a white area with the sign in box asking for my ID and password. I enter this and I am brought to the Ooops screen to try again. I try again and get the same error message.
    My firewall is turned off
    I am running the subscription version R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31
    I have tried validating file I have tried going to a previous backup. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and still get this same error.
    Has been happening for about 3 weeks now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you getting "Oops, something went wrong"?

Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
  • guyincnyquick
    Options
    Thanks, tried this and still get same error.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @guyincnyquick,

I am not sure whether this will help (I've only seen this type of problem a couple of times before) but I suggest that you try the steps described in this LINK.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• guyincnyquick
    Options
    Thanks I tried this and still brings me to the ooops screen.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It might be a long shot but it could be that your Cloud Account is corrupted and not updating properly.  You might want to take the following steps to see if they fix the issue:
    1)  RESET YOUR CLOUD ACCOUNT: 
    • Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = ON > Reset your cloud data > yes > Reset.
    • Once the reset process is complete and if you do not use the Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web options:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = OFF > OK.
    • Close Quicken. 
    • Open Quicken. You might be prompted to sign in with your current Quicken ID and PW.
    • Did this resolve the issue?  If not, proceed to #2.
    2)  DELETE YOUR CLOUD ACCOUNT:
    • Create a new data file:  File > New Quicken File > New Quicken File > OK
    • Name the file anything you want...I often name the file TEST.
    • During the set up process, make sure it is being set up to "Use Mobile & Web".
    • Click on "Add Accounts" but then close the Add Account popup since you will not need to add any accounts.
    • Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > in the File column, click on the file name of your primary Quicken data file > Delete > yes > Delete > Close > OK > File > select you primary data file to open it.
    • As your primary data file opens, you should be prompted to sign in with your current Quicken ID and PW.
    • Quicken will then recreate the Cloud Account for your primary data file.  This could take a few seconds, just let the process complete.
    • Close Quicken. 
    • Open Quicken.  You might be prompted to sign in with your current Quicken ID and PW.
    • Did this resolve the issue?  If not, proceed to #3.
    3)  OPEN YOUR TEST FILE: 
    • File > select your TEST file to open it.
    • Does it exhibit the same issue you are seeing with your primary file?
    • If not, then your primary data file is likely corrupted.  You could try running Super Validate on your primary data file to see if that fixes the issue:  File > hold down Shift+Ctrl while clicking on Validate & Repair File > Super Validate > OK.
    • If it does have the same issue, then I suspect there is something corrupted in your Quicken installation and you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, again.
    If none of these steps resolve the issue for you, then I agree that you should probably contact Quicken Support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.