Apple card

Answers

• Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Same issue March 2022 statement. Import causes "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

Called Goldman Sacks and they are not aware of any changes or issues. The error message is kind of strange.
  • Cmoschip
    Cmoschip Member ✭✭
    Same. Been importing for 6 months and this morning (2nd of the month and statement available) I get this error too.
  • billpiper
    billpiper Member ✭✭
    Don't think it's Apple. It works with Quicken for windows......
  • DNBRICE
    DNBRICE Member
    Same here. Import worked last month, and now does not work after update.
  • DNBRICE
    DNBRICE Member
    Having same issue, with MAC. It worked last few months when I first got my Apple Card, and now after doing an update this morning, I am getting the error described above.
  • Patrick L.
    Patrick L. Member
    Same. Never been a problem before. Why does Quicken need a Web Connect to the bank to import transactions from a file?
  • Lysander Spooner
    Same. Never been a problem before. Why does Quicken need a Web Connect to the bank to import transactions from a file?
    Exactly
  • Kirsch
    Kirsch Member
    I have the same issue. Transactions will not import into Quicken as they normally do. I get the same error message noted by Mike59.
  • kingfisher500
    kingfisher500 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I am having the same problem, this morning. Same error message.
  • IanA
    IanA Member ✭✭
    Same problem
  • DNBRICE
    DNBRICE Member
    Having the same issue. I don't understand how Web Connect is related to importing data from a local file.
  • KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    I have a support ticket with Quicken on this issue since yesterday. Not Apple or Goldman Sachs problem. Importing a local file shouldn’t trigger a need for online communication at all.
  • Mountain Air
    Mountain Air Member ✭✭
    Same. Known issue - go to the link below for details & status
    > @"KMC Music" said:
    > Seems to be related to this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/new-01-03-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing/p1?new=1
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    It looks as though this has been an issue since January, according to this thread

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/new-01-03-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing/p1?new=1

We cannot respond to it and it doesn't say which institutions were affected. Like most of you probably, I do this monthly (I often type transactions in throughout the mont but then download the entire month when I get my statement) and this is the first time I have seen the error. It wasn't fixed in Quicken 6.6.0

I've tried tagging Quicken Jared in this post but not sure if it's @quicken_Jared or @quicken jared, neither seem to find him.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. 

We are looking further into this matter. However, in the meantime, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lysander Spooner
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. 

We are looking further into this matter. However, in the meantime, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    Log files sent...
  • MattQ
    MattQ Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Just sent log files. Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • jmpdelos
    jmpdelos Member
    Like everyone else on a Mac who imports their Apple Card transactions when their statement comes out each month, I'm in the same boat. Please do at least fix the import of either QFX or OFX files -- as others have said, both are broken.
  • blp210
    blp210 Member ✭✭
    I completely agree. I'm having the same problem. Please fix this ASAP Quicken! You also should have notified everyone of the change. Shame on you. I've been a Quicken user for years and you're making me consider switching.
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    QFX files for Apple Card no longer work in Quicken Mac. Can you please fix ASAP?

The Quicken error message says this: "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

Please see screenshot below.

I have already reported this using the app's "Report A Problem" menu.

• sneak
    sneak Member
    seeing this too
  • GMGershon
    GMGershon Member ✭✭
    Today's 8:12 am post by billpiper says the import is still working for Windows, so this appears to be a regression problem in Quicken's Mac code and not a change in Apple's QFX or OFX file format. Regression bugs happen frequently, although this reflects an unfortunate failure of Quicken's code build process to include an automated test of a feature used by many of its customers. While I trust this bug will be fixed in a few days, what we really want is a means to encourage Apple/GS to support a real-time connection to download Apple transactions, as most credit card companies do, and thereby eliminate this silly monthly import process! How do we make that happen?
  • kennova
    kennova Member
    Same issue. Sent report. Lame!
  • Scott McConnell
    Scott McConnell Member ✭✭
    I have been using this for a year or move and now suddenly get this error:
    "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]"

I export qfx from my phone (also ofx). Then the error when I try to import.

Any ideas?
  • Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to open my Mac Time Machine and find an Apple Card OFX file from September (Oct 1st) and compare it with February's (March 1st). Format of the OFX file is exactly the same; first several fields (up to where unique transactions start) are exactly the same.

Quicken's OFXLog.txt shows this:
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    <MESSAGE>No update:18940, Can't find BID file.

Not sure what all the entries in ConsoleLog.txt mean but here are a few:
    2022-03-01 22:58:39.586 Quicken[19740:12951425] ERROR: Could not import file: /Users/ramias/Downloads/Apple Card Transactions - February 2023.qfx
    2022-03-01 22:58:45.777 Quicken[19740:12951425] We received 17542 records in the bank list.
    2022-03-01 23:01:46.222 Quicken[19740:12951425] We received 17542 records in the bank list.
    2022-03-01 23:01:49.266 Quicken[19740:12951425] Uploading incomplete DC shadow account - missing institution login or aggregator cpId

Net: nothing has changed on the Apple/Goldman Sachs side. Sure, they don't support Direct Download like other banks (though USAA has been broken for months with the same weekly Quicken updates of "we're still working on it no ETA"). But clearly something has changed on the Quicken side now leading this to fail. I understand things happen. Quicken should be more forthcoming into how urgent this is for them to fix - is this important, or an annoyance?
  • RMat
    RMat Member
    I have been downloading the QXF monthly transaction from Apple Card for a long time, but the QFX file will no longer import to Quicken for Mac. Stopped working this month.

There has been a shift to use contactless payments (apple pay) and if Quicken will not be supporting this capability, then this becomes a major deal breaker for me with deciding to use Quicken moving forward.
    I use Quicken to save time by consolidating my financial information into one place and AUTOMATE transaction entry. I know the transactions are not updated real-time, but at least I was able to air drop from my phone and reconcile on a monthly basis.
  • Scott McConnell
    Scott McConnell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    OK - sorry i was flagged for soliciting.. did not mean that... a simple comment, like the rest of this community I use quicken for convenience. This is now fading away with their inability to fix this essential function. 
  • Macwoman
    Macwoman Member ✭✭
    Adding my voice to this complaint. I never used web connect with Apple Card; just QFX, Now that's not working. That has always been the backup for web connect issues and now it's broken. Quicken keeps coming up with reasons to stop using their program.
  • Desertman
    Desertman Member
    Same problem for me, all good in January but failed trying to import February transactions
  • JohnGalt51
    JohnGalt51 Member
    edited March 2022
    Talked to Quicken support. After lots of time on the phone, he told me to contact AppleCard/Goldman Sachs to do my own troubleshooting. Why am I paying for Quicken????
    So, I think this is the summary of everyone's problems. Quicken worked on the Mac before the last update, update pushed to us, now Quicken does not work. [Removed - Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.