Apple card

Options

Answers

• crashmeister3
    crashmeister3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    When clicking on the Apple QFX file, it starts to load the transactions then stops with:

Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885].
  • crashmeister3
    crashmeister3 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    When clicking on the Apple QFX file, it starts to load the transactions then stops with:

"Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."
  • MSGA
    MSGA Member
    Options
    This isn't the first financial institution to stop working. My list is growing with the same canned response from Quicken. Some have been having issues since mid December 2021.

It's time to find an alternative. This stinks because I've been using Quicken since the 90s.
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. 

We are looking further into this matter. However, in the meantime, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    @Quicken Anja

I've reported this, but there is another thread about this issue posted by Quicken staff (I mentioned above) and it looks as though this has been known since late January and there have been two point releases since then, including 6.6.0 dropped yesterday, neither of which fix the issue.

As an aside, I also reported an unrelated http400 error with Morgan Stanley 30 - 40 times, they don't really get responded to when repotting from the app. Community posts get a bit more traction.
  • Demoleon
    Demoleon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have had no trouble in the past but this month I get the message:
    Download unavailable!
    Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885].
    Nothing has changed as far as I am aware on my end (haven't touched this account or it's settings.) Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    John
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Demoleon said:
    Have had no trouble in the past but this month I get the message:
    Download unavailable!
    Nothing has changed as far as I am aware on my end (haven't touched this account or it's settings.) Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    John
    Quicken Support is Investigating

Earlier today, Quicken Support said  go to "Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached." You will find the Report item under the Help menu.
  • lwebs
    lwebs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am connected via Web Connect and still getting the Obsolete message.

This was working just a few days ago.

Do you have an ETA on when this will be fixed?

> @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hi @Zoolook
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. I understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the only connection method that Quicken offers right now with the Apple Card is Web connect, you can also manually enter your transactions if you so choose. 
    >
    > I hope this helps to clear things up. 
    > Quicken Jasmine
  • Harold Appel
    Harold Appel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I agree that direct downloads should have been enabled by now but now I can't even import the .qfx file. I guess I could enter each transaction by hand....maybe I should go back to paper and pencil. Using Quicken on Macs since the 90s. 1990s. That was Intuit and they didn't really support it. I've been very happy with the new Quicken...until now. Hope this gets fixed.
  • hstriepe
    hstriepe Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    With the latest release 6.6.0, I can no longer import my AppleCard transactions.
    "Download Unavailable."
    "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, [sic] or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

I smell a bug!
  • Bomeyer
    Bomeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep, import QFX from Apple card to reconcile no workie. CC-885.
  • Harold Appel
    Harold Appel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @JohnGalt51 said:
    > Talked to Quicken support. After lots of time on the phone, he told me to contact AppleCard/Goldman Sachs to do my own troubleshooting. Why am I paying for Quicken????
    I spoke with Apple Card support and they had no information about this.
  • Drewbacca
    Drewbacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @PJE1956,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry for any trouble that this issue may have caused.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. There is no ETA for if or when it will be back. However, I did locate this thread in which users have found a work-around to be able to still import their transactions into Quicken. I have added a link to this thread:
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7908607/apple-card-obsolete-message
    >
    > I hope that you find this to be of use, please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    > Quicken Jasmine

I got excited that there was a work-around only to realize that you linked to the same thread you're already in. If there is a thread out there with a work-around, can you please link to the correct one?
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
  • eanwhite
    eanwhite Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think the weird thing--which points squarely at Quicken--is that an account set up to use manual transactions only fails to import a file because it cannot connect to the account online.

After the first failure to import the QFX file I opened the account settings and noticed that it had somehow been changed to an online account. I set it back to manual transaction entry, but still get the error stating that the account can't connect online.

I opened the QFX file as text and it appears to be perfectly formatted--no matter what the Quicken support person who would not give me his name said.
  • crobbmd
    crobbmd Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Chat support blames "the bank", says that importing the transaction file was actually some kind of web function that the bank has withdrawn from. I can't imagine that this is the truth, just a programming error with the last forced update
  • dmgold
    dmgold Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Zoolook said:
    Hi @Zoolook

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. I understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the only connection method that Quicken offers right now with the Apple Card is Web connect, you can also manually enter your transactions if you so choose. 

I hope this helps to clear things up. 
    Quicken Jasmine
    Why does it say Obsolete? It’s also change my account name to obsolete, which is new. 
    It would seem that Web Connect is gone as well.

Quicken Mac user since 1993

• kenpnw
    kenpnw Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue- Please note this is a Quicken bug.
    If you inspect the QFX files (open in a text editor) from prior months (I still retain these) and compare them to Feb 2022 (the most recent)- their construction is identical.

Quicken has changed something - and they need to fix the bug. Apple changed nothing.
  • rswigart
    rswigart Member
    Options
    As of the latest update, downloading qfx files (Mac) is no longer valid. What is going on? Goldman has no information about this, and there is apparently no one at Apple to ask.
  • topher
    topher Member
    Options
    Same issue here. Quicken told me it was Apple that created the issue. Which sent me into hours wasted with Apple support! Thank you Quicken for wasting my day on a wild goose hunt. It is obviously a Quicken issue related to that last update. This needs to be corrected quickly Quicken.
  • Lysander Spooner
    Options
    rswigart said:
    As of the latest update, downloading qfx files (Mac) is no longer valid. What is going on? Goldman has no information about this, and there is apparently no one at Apple to ask.
    Quicken Support is Investigating

Earlier today, Quicken Support said  go to "Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached." You will find the Report item under the Help menu.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I run Quicken Mac v6.6 on a M1 iMac running macOS 12.2.1 ; I downloaded the Apple Card transactions for February as a .QFX file onto my iMac. When I use Quicken to Import those transactions, I see a message saying there are 44 transactions and then an alert "Download unavailable! The FI is inactive, we cannot connect." Of course I have never had a connection for the Apple Card - each month have in the past successfully imported the preceding month's .QFX file exported by Apple Card app on my iPhone. I tested exporting a .csv file and it's contents look fine.

I think Quicken Mac 6.6 has a problem.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried again and this time got this error:

Never had web connect for Apple Card of course.
  • mvondrechsel
    mvondrechsel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Adding to the list of people affected. This needs to be resolved
  • qchief
    qchief Member ✭✭
    Options
    Totally frustrated. Spent over an hour with Goldman Sachs support to no avail and now I see that it is a quicken problem with Mac's.
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Also impacted. Same story; worked until latest Quicken for Mac update 6.6.0.
  • ScottS
    ScottS Member ✭✭
    Options
    My February also failed to import to Quicken - had been working for months
  • BradPDX
    BradPDX Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll throw my hat in the ring - I have the same issue (CC-885), running Quicken 6.6.0 on macOS 12.2.1 on an M1 MacBook Air. I've been using Quicken with Apple Card QFX files for a couple of years, but now it's broken.

I trust that Quicken will address this problem. If it works on Windows, it should work on Mac. Period.
  • WeeSpark
    WeeSpark Member
    Options
    its 11.15am on 3/2 & I just used Chat support for this issue. Simply told me that Quicken support for Apple Card had been terminated whatever that means. Not that it was an issue they were working on but that is was terminated. I too find it strange that a QFX file needs 'supported' but I suppose there is linking data & thats no longer supported by Quicken. Apple Card is getting pretty popular so someone needs to have another look at this. My bet is Apple are demanding something Quicken cannot agree to
  • Lysander Spooner
    edited March 2022
    Options
    WeeSpark said:
    its 11.15am on 3/2 & I just used Chat support for this issue. Simply told me that Quicken support for Apple Card had been terminated whatever that means. Not that it was an issue they were working on but that is was terminated. I too find it strange that a QFX file needs 'supported' but I suppose there is linking data & thats no longer supported by Quicken. Apple Card is getting pretty popular so someone needs to have another look at this. My bet is Apple are demanding something Quicken cannot agree to
    I wish someone could explain why importing a text file into Quicken is any different than opening an Excel file or Word file from another source. Why kind of "support" is needed to import a standard QFX file?

Does it have anything do with this piece of code?: <FI><ORG>Apple Card<FID>18940</FI>
  • Bomeyer
    Bomeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Account list shows Apple Card (OBSOLETE)
This discussion has been closed.