"Show Allocation Guide" and "Rebalance Portfolio" buttons inoperative

Options
2»

Comments

• GDS
    GDS Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja
    FYI: Seems like The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs, Lifetime Planner are all working great! Weird!, but appreciated anyway!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello again,

We've just received an update on this issue (Lifetime Planner, Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide).

To resolve this issue if you are still experiencing it in R39.17, you will need to close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\programData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja I've installed 39.17 and removed the Cache folder as suggest, unfortunately the issue still persists. Lifetime Planner and Tax Planner are still showing blank frames with no ability to enter or modify information.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    VP9885 said:
    @Quicken Anja I've installed 39.17 and removed the Cache folder as suggest, unfortunately the issue still persists. Lifetime Planner and Tax Planner are still showing blank frames with no ability to enter or modify information.
    Thank you for alerting me to this. Can you also try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken to see if that makes a difference? Please note that you may need to reinstall R39.17 after reinstalling the program as well.

Let me know the outcome after that is done and I will report back the results to our teams! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja - I've completed a complete uninstall and reinstall of Quicken and added the 39.17 back and the issue still persists. Sigh. :neutral:
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @VP9885 Thank you for reporting back about that, though I apologize that it's still persisting.

I will relay this information back to our teams as well.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja - Just an update, installed 39.21, also delete cache folder, and still no resolution.
  • jbourg
    jbourg Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja
    Just upgraded to R39.23. No fix for

1. The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs do nothing
    2. The Lifetime Planner (Your Retirement) gives a 'Web page cannot load' error
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jbourg said:
    @Quicken Anja
    Just upgraded to R39.23. No fix for

1. The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs do nothing
    2. The Lifetime Planner (Your Retirement) gives a 'Web page cannot load' error
    Did you remove: C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache

With Quicken not running, remove it, and try again.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I installed 39.21 and removed the cache file while Quicken wasn't running, and try again. The issue still persists.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VP9885 said:
    I installed 39.21 and removed the cache file while Quicken wasn't running, and try again. The issue still persists.
    You have to be on either R39.23 or R38.30.  R39.17 and R39.21 are the ones with lots of problems like this.
    Signature:
  • SLewis-Atl
    SLewis-Atl Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @GDS said:
    > @Quicken Anja - Thanks for escalating! I have several related (??) issues:
    > 1. The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs do nothing
    > 2. The Lifetime Planner (Your Retirement) gives a 'Web page cannot load' error
    > 3. Am unable to add a line item to the 'Tax Items' section once a Paycheck has been set up.
    >
    > Please escalate these issues as well.

I agee - Hoping that "Quoting" this previous post from @GDS will help raise the priority in resolving these issues, particularly the LifeTime Planning/Your Retirement and Change Assumptions functionality.
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You have to be on either R39.23 or R38.30.  R39.17 and R39.21 are the ones with lots of problems like this.

I double checked and it is actually R39.23 that I installed (and removed the cache folder), and the issue is still happening. Unfortunately I don't believe that there is any "good" version that is working at this point that has actually resolved this issue.
  • Bonehead
    Bonehead Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @VP9885 said:
    > ... Unfortunately I don't believe that there is any "good" version that is working at this point that has actually resolved this issue.

Just for visibility, R39.23 (with cache folder removal) does seem to have solved the problem in my case. Fix stuck even after a reboot. Good luck.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909593/windows-r39-xx-release-us#latest
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja - Is there an update on when this will be fixed? The reason I purchased this software is for these extra planning aspects. For me, there is no point in continuing to use it if these items aren't working properly or it takes months to get it fixed, which at this point, that is exactly how long this issue has been happening...months. :-|
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @VP9885,

I apologize that you are still continuously experiencing this after the fix was released.

At this point, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience and that efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Zephyr
    Zephyr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still waiting for an update that fixes the Rebalance Portfolio button. 39.23 is not it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zephyr said:
    Still waiting for an update that fixes the Rebalance Portfolio button. 39.23 is not it.
    Yes, it is, provided that you delete this folder:  C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache

If doing both of this doesn't fix the problem for you, you need to contact Quicken Support because something else is going on.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • jbourg
    jbourg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just getting back to this thread to check on status of rebalance portfolio button. Removing the Cache does resolve the problem on my 39.23. Thanks to all for the resolution.
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Following up on this as it appears upgrading to Windows 11 fixed this issue for me...this is after spending 2 hours on the phone with support and they couldn't resolve the issue and had to escalate it to another team.

Upgrading to Windows 11 wasn't the suggestion of support, and now what it fixed the issue, I don't need to keep my appointment with the team that support escalated to. Not sure why upgrading did the trick...but I'm not going to question it. Just glad it is back and working.
This discussion has been closed.