Apple card

Edcris
Edcris Member
I am downloading the apple card but when I load it in Quicken I can see the balance changed but not the transactions

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @Zoolook,

Thank you for the response, this would mean that the support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. There is no ETA for if or when it will be back. 

I apologize for any trouble this may cause, I understand that it would be frustrating.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. 

We are looking further into this matter. However, in the meantime, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @all

I understand how truly frustrating this may be. We do currently have an Active Alert now in place in regards to the Apple Card support being dropped. We do not have any current ETA's or information at this time besides that the support was dropped. 

I have included a link to the alert so you may follow it and bookmark it in order to stay up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909485/new-3-2-22-apple-card-missing-from-fi-list/p1?new=1

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this has and may cause. Thank you for your continued support and patience. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Edcris said:
    I am downloading the apple card but when I load it in Quicken I can see the balance changed but not the transactions
    Hello @Edcris,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your accounts. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the Quicken Community about the matter.

It sounds like transactions are missing in your register, is that correct? Do you notice this after updating your accounts? Also, just so I am certain: is the balance in the register appearing more or less correctly?

I look forward to your responses and hope to continue working with you on this here in this thread, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Is anyone else seeing this? What is the significance, is there another connection type?

Quicken Mac Premier 6.5.3

• Hi @Zoolook

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. I understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the only connection method that Quicken offers right now with the Apple Card is Web connect, you can also manually enter your transactions if you so choose. 

I hope this helps to clear things up. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Zoolook
    Hi @Zoolook

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. I understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the only connection method that Quicken offers right now with the Apple Card is Web connect, you can also manually enter your transactions if you so choose. 

I hope this helps to clear things up. 
    Quicken Jasmine
    Why does it say Obsolete? It’s also change my account name to obsolete, which is new. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @Zoolook,

Thank you for the response, this would mean that the support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. There is no ETA for if or when it will be back. 

I apologize for any trouble this may cause, I understand that it would be frustrating.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• imkyle3
    imkyle3 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for posting your question, @Zoolook. I wasn't sure if it was just me. I've never been able to import Apple Card data but today was the first time I noticed the (Obsolete) wording.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Strange. Mine says “Obsolete” as well, but I’ve always been able to successfully import my Apple Card data, as recently as the beginning of this month. I hope it will still work when I go to import my February transactions at the beginning of March. 
  • SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Mine says the same now. Strange moniker for a "modern" card! I can import transactions at the end of the month - QXF export from the iPhone wallet and emailing the file to my Mac. Just have to do this once a month at the end of the statement cyclical - would have preferred direct connect - but this does not seem to be in the works.
  • Zoolook
    edited February 2022
    SK2020 said:
    Mine says the same now. Strange moniker for a "modern" card! I can import transactions at the end of the month - QXF export from the iPhone wallet and emailing the file to my Mac. Just have to do this once a month at the end of the statement cyclical - would have preferred direct connect - but this does not seem to be in the works.
    You can direct connect with [Removed - Solicitation] weirdly, not that I use [Removed - Solicitation] or would recommend it, but it seems Apple does support it somehow.
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have found that if I enter the card manually, then go to my phone, then statement then I can airdrop the transactions into Quicken.
  • Chet-NYC62
    Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭✭
    > @SK2020 said:
    > Mine says the same now. Strange moniker for a "modern" card! I can import transactions at the end of the month - QXF export from the iPhone wallet and emailing the file to my Mac. Just have to do this once a month at the end of the statement cyclical - would have preferred direct connect - but this does not seem to be in the works.

Just a note- you don't have to email it. You just AirDrop it to your Mac; or if you use iCloud Drive, save it there. It'll show up on your Mac as well.
  • SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    @pamela77 and @Chet-NYC62 Thank you for the airdrop and iCloud advice!
  • PJE1956
    PJE1956 Member ✭✭
    I've been importing QFX files exported from my AppleCard account since October 2020. Today I tried to import the latest QFX file and got an error dialog box:

Download unavailable!
    Quicken is unable to update this account
    because Web Connect support for your
    financial institution has been either
    temporarily, or permanently discontinued
    [CC-885].

I've tried this multiple times and download the QFX file multiple times. I am running Quicken Deluxe Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100) on MacOS 12.2.1
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Post Merged]

-Quicken Jasmine

• PJE1956
    PJE1956 Member ✭✭
    I'm rather confused. How is this credit card any different from others? It's just a typical credit card.
    I'm not trying to download directly, but just import a QFX file.

The referenced link seemed to be issues with direct connect. Comments on that thread indicate that other have imported the QFX file. I realize the error message referenced "Download unavailable" but I wasn't downloading anything, just simply importing a QFX file.
  • Hello @PJE1956,

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

If you are receiving a 'CC-885' error then the first thing I would recommend is to wait 24-48 hours and then try to import your QFX file again. 

Please let me know what occurs after this time has passed, I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• hwdotson
    hwdotson Member
    I have been downloading the QXF monthly transaction from Apple Card for a long time, but the QFX file will no longer import to Quicken for Mac.
  • Zoolook
    hwdotson said:
    I have been downloading the QXF monthly transaction from Apple Card for a long time, but the QFX file will no longer import to Quicken for Mac.
    There are two export options from your iPhone - QFX and OFX. Have you tried both? QFX should be more compatible but OFX should also work.
  • DM55
    DM55 Member
    This problem developed for me as well, after the import of qfx files each month had been working for a few years. Cannot reset the connection because Apple card not in the bank list. Web connect clearly not working. Updating quicken software did not help. I think I had to do manual entry of Apple card transactions when I first started back using Quicken for mac. Not happy that we are back to those times again.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    @DM55 I agree, this is really unfortunate, especially since Apple Card's support site clearly still states that Quicken is supported:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211236
  • bad_analog
    bad_analog Member ✭✭
    Same Issue. I've tried OFX, QFX, CSV, none work (CSV sorta works but jumbles the columns).
  • bad_analog
    bad_analog Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the same message. CC-885 with Apple Card imports that used to work.
  • scwingardhsv
    scwingardhsv Member ✭✭
    > @Zoolook said:
    > There are two export options from your iPhone - QFX and OFX. Have you tried both? QFX should be more compatible but OFX should also work.

I'm having the same issue. Neither OFX nor QFX work. Looks like Quicken tries to confirm Web Connect info when opening either file, and since there is no longer an entry for Apple Card in the Quicken "institutions" list, the processing of the file fails. I'm having to enter transactions by hand, which is not great.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I don't know whether this information can really be trusted or not, but I chatted with an Apple Card support agent last night who informed me that they are aware of the inability to import into Quicken and are working on the issue, but did not have any kind of ETA or timeframe to provide. We'll see, I guess.
  • Harold Rosenbaum
    Harold Rosenbaum Member ✭✭✭
    When my Apple Card statement is available, I go to my iPhone and download both the PDF and export transactions in a QFX file airdropped to my MacBook Pro. I then open it and it updates The Apple Card in Quicken. Today, something new. Download unavailable! This F1 is inactive, we cannot connect. Has something changed with importing a QFX file?
  • R D
    R D Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    Same issue.  This used to work, but now I don't see Apple Card when I try to set up the account for Web Connect.
  • R D
    R D Mac Beta Beta
    Same issue.  This used to work, but now I don't see Apple Card when I try to set up the account for Web Connect.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Harold Rosenbaum,

Thank you for contacting the Community. Unfortunately, the support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. There is no ETA for if or when it will be back. 

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    So, is the problem with Goldman Sachs or with Quicken? Anyone know?

Thanks.
  • Papa L
    Papa L Member
    I hope this is resolved soon. I pay for a subscription and when things quit working with out warning, I feel like I'm not getting the services I pay for. Poor customer service from Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.