Apple card

Options
12346»

Answers

• bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I will add to this thread [Removed - Inaccurate]. I have an open Quicken Case # 9221273. Also open Apple Pay problem ticket Case: 101642900132. Neither of which seem to be going anywhere. Goldman is completely unresponsive and blame Apple and Quicken.

Quicken, please respond to all on this thread as there is clearly a growing issue!!!
  • Brad L Vandermoon
    Brad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    i too am getting this issue, and feel this is quicken issue not apple issue as windows quicken allows this import to work.
  • natter
    natter Member
    Options
    It's fixed - but you have to restart Quicken.
  • KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Jon said:
    > I don't think thats necessarily true. I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be that Mac & Windows support were separate - a bank could support one but not the other. I moved my BoA accounts to a different bank back in '04 because they stopped supporting Quicken Mac, but still supported Windows.
    >
    It may be possible, but I doubt Goldman Sachs would decide to remove support for it’s APPLE CARD from APPLE computers but leave it in place for Windows.
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    jacobs said:
    Although it may not see intuitive, you cannot simply import any OFX/QFX file; the financial institution needs to be signed on with Intuit. This is part of the financial and operations model Intuit and Quicken have used for many years. If a financial institution withdraws their support, Quicken does not import the data. It may seem arbitrary or unfair, but again, this is nothing new and is part of how the Quicken/Intuit system works.

It does seem very arbitrary and unfair that I cannot import a properly formatted QFX file into software on my computer. This is like saying I am not allowed to import a CSV into Excel because the source does not have a contract with Microsoft. [Removed-Disruptive]

Suppose I do business with an FI that has never done any business with Quicken but is able to supply a properly formatted OFX file. [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]
  • Mountain Air
    Mountain Air Member ✭✭
    Options
    And if you've disconnected your Apple Card in settings you'll need to reconnect to "Apple Card MC" and follow the instructions to re-establish import of QFX or OFX file

> @natter said:
    > It's fixed - but you have to restart Quicken.
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Cmoschip said:
    > @BJL said:
    > Then why would Apple still let you export a QFX file if it's part of this "no longer supported"?  Just to frustrate users?  I remember some month ago when Quicken support said Target was no longer supported when it was!

Are you sure you're remembering this correctly? Surely support - and Quicken support at that - wouldn't be this poor.

/s
    and by the way, Target Red Card connection has stopped working yet again!

• Brad L Vandermoon
    Brad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    And if you've disconnected your Apple Card in settings you'll need to reconnect to "Apple Card MC" and follow the instructions to re-establish import of QFX or OFX file

> @natter said:
    > It's fixed - but you have to restart Quicken.
    This worked for me.  THANKS!
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    Options
    BJL said:
    Then why would Apple still let you export a QFX file if it's part of this "no longer supported"?  Just to frustrate users? [Removed-Disruptive] 
    Because Quicken isn't the only financial application that can import QFX files. I had no issue importing my monthly transactions into another Mac finance app I can't mention here.

@jacobs

Good post and explanation. I think a fundamental question we're struggling with, is why Quicken would choose to disallow a manual download and import of a QFX file for a given institution, given the same file can be imported into other applications with no agreement in place with that institution. In fact, Quicken Windows didn't have this issue, because it doesn't check online for such an agreement for manual accounts. Also the issue extended to OFX, which is not owned by Quicken and should not require any agreement between the institution and Quicken.

We've all somewhat accepted Quicken Mac's SaaS model, and ultimately all have to work with (or around) the way Quicken chooses to implement this and their policy. However, they do not and probably should not do an online check for manual imports into accounts which have NEVER had online downloads. My Apple Card account was never set up for automatic downloads, and yet it appears to be checking online to see if it's "allowed" to import data when I used QFX and also OFX which is an open standard.

This is fixed now of course, so this is merely an academic discussion, but it raises a lot of questions for some folks.
  • sashk
    sashk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @pjs22 thanks for the workaround. I knew it's a deal with FID, but didn't know where to look for one which will work. [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]

This discussion has been closed.