Is there a way to disable sorting of the columns

syoungkin
syoungkin Member
My 82 year old mother often accidentally clicks on the column headers which causes the transactions to be resorted. I know she can just reclick on the appropriate column and it will sort it back the way she wants but, being 82, she has trouble remembering that and it frustrates her and my father because they aren't seeing the transactions in the order they expected and they think they "messed up their checkbook".

Is there a way to lock the sorting so that she can't accidentally resort the columns?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm afraid not.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    It really would be nice to be able to set the sort order the way you want it to stay, (personal default). Right now the default is by date, rather than by date, order entered, which is the way Quicken downloads the transactions. (Counter productive to me) This seems very unpractical and illogical.

With as much as you have to compare to bank statements to correct download errors, the least that could be done is to make that process easier if they can't fix the downloading error issues. Just why is the default "by date" instead of by date, order entered" thee default anyway? What am I missing here? (I've written posts about not being to set that default the way you want it before)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @syoungkin and @TTSguy,

To request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly does it "mean", not what it does, when it says sort by date. There must be a definitive explanation for "By Date", what qualifications does it use to sort by date? There must be a reason that is the default.
This discussion has been closed.