How do I edit an existing Mortgage transaction? (Q Mac)

Options
eurekapaul53
eurekapaul53 Member ✭✭
When I paid my mortgage this month, I paid additional principal. However, in my checking account, the transaction (created by Quicken) does not show the additional principal paid. The transaction split box is greyed out and the pop-up menu only provides the capability to edit all instances. I'm using the latest Mac Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100).

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @eurekapaul53 I may not be understanding what you're wanting to do, but if you want to change a single instance of a scheduled transaction, what you need to do it mark it Paid (even if it's still in the future), and then edit that transaction. A Scheduled transaction is like a template for future transactions, but once you "post" it by marking it Paid, the template generate a real transaction which can then be edited however you need, with a different amount, splits, etc. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @eurekapaul53,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

You can right-click on the transaction that you would like to edit and then navigate to Edit Transaction. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• eurekapaul53
    eurekapaul53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, thanks for answering so quickly. I tried right clicking, which brings up a menu that contains: "Mark as Paid | Skip this Instance | Edit All Instances | Delete All Instances." I tried "Edit All Instances" to see what happens (which is okay for the moment because this is the first and only instance. However, the split then shows a credit for the same amount as the additional principal. Next I tried changing the Amount in the "Transaction Details" dialog box, which then displays another dialog box that says "Do you want to edit all instances in this series?" As I only want to change this instance that won't work.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @eurekapaul53,

Thank you for your response. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• eurekapaul53
    eurekapaul53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

I took three screen shots and pieced them together. The top screenshot appears after clicking the transaction in the checking account register. The middle screenshot is what shows after right-clicking and selecting "Edit Instance". The bottom screenshot is displayed after selecting "Edit All Instances".
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @eurekapaul53 I may not be understanding what you're wanting to do, but if you want to change a single instance of a scheduled transaction, what you need to do it mark it Paid (even if it's still in the future), and then edit that transaction. A Scheduled transaction is like a template for future transactions, but once you "post" it by marking it Paid, the template generate a real transaction which can then be edited however you need, with a different amount, splits, etc. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • eurekapaul53
    eurekapaul53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jacob! :)
This discussion has been closed.