Transactions stop downloading for Discover Bank

Options
John44
John44 Member ✭✭✭
The last transaction I got was on 6/7. There is a bank transaction for 6/30 that won't download. Why did this stop working?
When I tried a reset connection it said there is only one account found which is my credit card account. There is only one login for both the credit card and the bank. I can login with Safari and both accounts show up.
How can I get reconnected?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @John44,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Discover account(s).

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Quicken > About Quicken. What is the connection method with Discover bank? You can see this by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when performing an Update All function?

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Discover Bank account(s) to see if you experience the same issues with transactions not downloading and Quicken only adding your credit card account. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue, although my downloads stopped around 6/27. My savings account still says it connects, and the balance updates, but no transactions are downloaded. When I try to re-link, Quicken says I only have one Discover account (credit card), doesn't see my checking or savings. Very frustrating.
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    I get no errors in my normal account. I did try to create a new test file, and in that situation, I get the error message that it can't connect right now, try again later. But it's been a week or so. Like I said, on some level it still connects, to update the online balance, just not seeing/downloading transactions.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @RandomUsername,

Thank you for coming back to provide more information. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only see this when I try to add in a test account. In my existing account, which says connects just fine, I get no error (just an online balance update, but no new transactions). I disconnected and tried to reconnect my checking account which is when I saw that Quicken says I only have one account with Discover: my credit card. It doesn't seem to see my checking or savings. I didn't have problems in the past, but for fun, I've tried all of this with my (Proton) VPN turned off with the same results.
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, when I switch to "Quicken Connect" with my test account, it also only shows my credit card account, not my other two.
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    And, because why not (heh heh), when I add my Discover card to my test account, it only downloads a subset of transactions for about a month ago. So weird.

I appreciate you trying to figure these issues out. There's got to be a hundred and one small things that can affect this stuff... most of the time everything works and I don't appreciate how tenuous some of this really can be.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100)
    macOS 12.4
    Using Quicken Connect
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken version, MacOS, and connection type is the same.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello @John44 & @RandomUsername,

Thank you for providing additional information, though I apologize for not having received a follow-up response yet.

In our financial institution list, you will also find instances for Discover Card, and Discover Card Account CenterHave you tried switching instances to see if it will make a difference? 

To do so, you will first need to disconnect the account(s) from Discover Bank before connecting them to one of the other 2 instances.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja, I just tried this. Same result: it only sees my Credit Card, not my other accounts. However... it did download some recent credit card transactions (although everything was backwards: charges were listed as credits, credits as charges) but I've manually got that back to normal.

I've also tried the steps in a post from a year or so ago, which included disconnecting all Discover accounts, quitting Quicken, deleting all Keychain entries associated with Quicken and Discover, refreshing the list of banks, etc.

So now my Discover credit card account is downloading, but Quicken still doesn't see my Discover checking and savings accounts.
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    By the way, 6/27, when Quicken stopped downloading from Discover, is also the day I upgraded from "Basic" to "Deluxe." Don't know if/how that matters, but it's the only thing I can think of that changed that day.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way, 6/27, when Quicken stopped downloading from Discover, is also the day I upgraded from "Basic" to "Deluxe." Don't know if/how that matters, but it's the only thing I can think of that changed that day.
    Hello @RandomUsername

Thanks for continuing to follow up with us about this. I do apologize that these issues are still ongoing.

To be clear, have you tested all three instances associated with Discover Bank in the Add Account screen within the test file to see if the missing checking and savings accounts are not populating?

I look forward to your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, yes that is correct. I tried: Discover Bank, Discover Card, and Discover Card Account Center. All three only see my credit card, not my checking or savings accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Hi Jared, yes that is correct. I tried: Discover Bank, Discover Card, and Discover Card Account Center. All three only see my credit card, not my checking or savings accounts.
    Hello @RandomUsername

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I do apologize that this problem is continuing.

Given the ubiquity of this issue across multiple data files and with multiple instances of the same financial institution, it may be best to reach out to Discover Bank support for further assistance. Keep in mind that requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or an escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Today, 7/11, the transaction from 6/30 downloaded. So I guess it is working again.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    John44 said:
    Today, 7/11, the transaction from 6/30 downloaded. So I guess it is working again.
    Hello @John44

Thank you for checking back in with us about this and letting us know how things turned out. I am very glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, although I do apologize that our path to a resolution may have been somewhat unclear.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns anytime you like. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RandomUsername
    RandomUsername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, interestingly, Quicken now sees all three of my Discover accounts and downloaded all transactions for the past two weeks. Thank you, John44 for the update and sorry for hijacking your initial concern.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting, I did not try to re-connect the account. It just started working like it used to. I think Quicken Connect got fixed.
This discussion has been closed.