Favorite Summer Activity

Options
Quicken Jared
Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in The Water Cooler
Good morning everyone,

I hope you have had an excellent weekend and that the week's beginning is finding you well, thus far. It is once again time for another of our Icebreaker Discussions. 

This time, the topic is: Favorite Summer Recreational Activities. Whether you love going to music festivals, kayaking, or , come let us know about it here in this thread!

For my part, I really enjoy perusing used book stores and going for long bike rides. Things are usually pretty warm where I am at, but it never stops me from enjoying the longer daylight hours.

What's your favorite Summer Activity? I look forward to hearing about it. 

Have a great day!

-Quicken Jared 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022
    Options
    One thing I always look forward to the most is taking a family road trip. Especially those where we end up at a lake (or ocean on rare occasions) so we can build sand castles with the kids, have water splashing fights, and hop on the jet skis and/or ski boat which my kids will endlessly nag us about until we're finally on them!

While being by/on a large body of water in the sun is my absolute favorite, the road trip itself makes for super fun memories as well! My kids absolutely LOVE motioning to truck drivers to toot their horns. So glad that's something my husband and I taught them from our own childhood road trip memories! They get such a kick out of it.

:heart:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    I would say that what I enjoy the most in regards to the summer season funtivities would be camping with my family. 

Nothing beats escaping society for a few days and turning off your cell phone and just becoming one with nature. I enjoy hiking to camping spots that are near water so we can swim as well. S'mores are my all-time favorite! However, I did just discover something that might have the s'mores beat... You take a strawberry, dip it in marshmallow fluff, roll it in some crushed graham crackers, and then you roast that bad boy over the fire and it is DELICIOUS! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine,

Thanks for the suggestion on your "s'mores beater" - it sounds great and to my knowledge it is an original.  I am going to try it!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Frankx I've tried it before and can confirm that it is 100% worth trying and as @Quicken Jasmine said; DELICIOUS! :yum:

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Frankx,

Come back and update us on how it is! I find it to be much better than s'mores! 

I am excited to hear if you enjoyed it or not!

-Quicken Jasmine

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Given the fact that we're having a heat wave in large parts of the US and Europe, too, here's my favorite summer activity:

Stay cool!

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    My (our) favorite summer time activity is L'Ete du Vin (A Summer of Wine) the nation's oldest charity wine auction, this is the 43rd year.  In our prior 42 years we've raised over $30 Million for local cancer charities.
    And, when my 1st wife died in 2007  after a 20 year battle with breast cancer, they dedicated the 2008 Pairings Auction to her.
    The events started last night with the Vintner's Tasting and continues tomorrow with the Grand Auction.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the Saturday night "Grand Auction", we raised over $2,041,000

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    At the Saturday night "Grand Auction", we raised over $2,041,000
    That is impressive! 

-Quicken Anja

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine,

I took your suggestion and absolutely agree.  They were fantastic (although I refuse to disclose how many I may have had - after all, I was testing a recipe and sometimes you need to make sure you've gotten it right). ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    resetting my cloud data
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Frankx,

LOL! I am glad that you enjoyed them! I tend to not disclose how many I eat as well and I don't even have the excuse for trying a new recipe!

-Quicken Jasmine

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L'Ete du Vin just released updated numbers for the Grand Auction "Over $2,120,000 and CLIMBING"

This discussion has been closed.