Citi Credit Card Downloads but does not allow reconcile for downloads.

Options
!henrisahut
!henrisahut Member ✭✭
I am setup with Web Express Download for Citi Card and the items download. But I have to manually reconcile each item by changing the status and then saving. The Reconcile function of the app does not work. It works on all other accounts from other banks. Just that one account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same problem.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @!henrisahut,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Citi Credit Card account. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• !henrisahut
    !henrisahut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried both and neither fix the problem which is only happening with the Citi Cards account. I will wait for the next download to see if that help. I changed a itemed to clear and it still did not see it as needing to be reconcilied.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account registers available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

If the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    We've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account registers available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

If the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R

Just for the record, with Citi Card/Direct Connect I have found the online balance to be quite reliable with one caveat, if you download transactions late at night (like after 10PM PST) you will get the new transactions and the online balance will not be updated.  but when I do it the next day it is fine.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.