Chase Credit Card download

Options
Since the announcement regarding the changes to Chase the last two days when I download transactions it says it downloaded transactions but when you are finished they are not there to be added to the register. Coincidence or is something else wrong?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Philippe Leroy,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Chase Credit Card account(s). 

I would like to start out by confirming that you have reestablished the connection with your Chase accounts by disconnecting them and then reconnecting them using the new connection method "EWC+". You will need to disconnect all accounts with Chase and reconnect them using this connection method. 

You may follow this link for more information regarding Chase's switch to this connection method. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    So, Chase EWC+ is live now? According to the announcement, I was under the impression that we were supposed to wait for a prompt to connect our Chase accounts with EWC+.
    Please clarify.
    Thanks.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Indeed. I understand the same as Roger. And I also am on EWC now, showed a new download today and nothing there.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello @Roger Miller,

Thank you for responding and I do apologize for the miscommunication.

Regarding EWC+ with Chase, you will need to wait for the prompt, however, you should be able to disconnect all the accounts and then reconnect them. When going to reconnect them, it should automatically bring up the "authorize your accounts" prompt and then also prompt you to switch the connection method. Please make sure to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps. You can follow the instructions below to disconnect/reconnect your accounts:
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes and if you receive the prompt when reconnecting your accounts. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Quicken_Jasmine You are not addessing the EWC +. Are you saying this is live now? We are made to understand not until end of Septemeber.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Bob.,

I have edited my response to answer your questions regarding EWC+.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, please address Bob's and my question.
    I am currently using direct connect with Chase. It is working fine as of last night. I have only credit card accounts with Chase, and I do not use bill pay.
    I am reluctant to change the connection to EWC+ at this time. I prefer to wait until absolutely necessary.

Again, why are you recommending that a customer connect via EWC+, when the official announcement states that the EWC+ with Chase will go live at end of September?
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Unless you're seeing the bank-hosted sign-in form when you authorize the Online Service, you are not setting up Express Web Connect+.  My understanding is Chase does not support Express Web Connect+ yet and plans to roll out support in early August.

For example, with Capital One and Schwab, which already use 
    Express Web Connect+ connection method, we see:

But, for Chase, we still see:

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Roger Miller,

I am happy to hear that your issue seems to have resolved itself. 

I understand your hesitation to switch to the new connection method, you are more than welcome to wait until you are prompted with the message to switch. 

Have a great day!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did I miss where @Roger Miller said the issue was resolved? And the original issue is Chase showing a new register entry that is not there. He is Direct Connect. I am EWC. And EWC+ does not yet exist. We both showed the same this morning.
    Might be helpful if one or two of the posts were edited not to confuse others reading this thread with EWC+ information.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With regard to the original query, Chase connectivity became less reliable when Chase and Intuit began the effort to implement the Express Web Connect+ functionality.  I don't expect Chase connectivity will stabilize for some time.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it is worth.  I use Chase/Direct connect for two different user accounts, a checking, savings, and two credit cards, and 5 investment accounts.  I don't use "bill pay".  And I have not run into any problems at all.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.