An error occurred during your online banking update...

Don C
Don C Member ✭✭
When performing an update to all online accounts, a window pops up stating "An error occurred during your online banking update. Additional information: The specified account number does not correspond to one of the user's accounts."

I then click on "OK" within that window, and all of my accounts update correctly, so I don't know why this window keeps popping up.

If I update online accounts one at a time, the error message never shows up. I have confirmed that all of my account numbers are indeed correct.

Anyway I can stop this error message from occurring?

Answers

• Hello @Don C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Don C
    Don C Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried your suggestion, but the error message still pops up.

Don
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your list of accounts, is there an account which is no longer used, has been closed at the bank, but still is connected for downloading when "all accounts" are selected?
    If so, deactivate this account and, if possible, mark it closed in Quicken, too.
  • Don C
    Don C Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your suggestion! I have no unused accounts, or accounts closed by the bank but still connected for downloading. As I mentioned in my original post, I can download each account in my account list individually with no error message popping up. It only occurs when I update all accounts at once.

Curiously, the error message doesn't reference an account that is causing the error message to pop up. And, all accounts update correctly after closing out the error message.

I have attached a snapshot of the error message.

Thanks again
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. There should be a log file with details for the last "all accounts" download which should show which bank Quicken is failing to download from.

Quicken Support:

• Don C
    Don C Member ✭✭
    I called Quicken support, resolved the issue by disconnecting my Wells Fargo accounts, and then reconnecting them. We first tried my Chase account, but that was not the problem. Not sure why disconnecting an account, and then reconnecting it worked, but it did. So if anyone else is experiencing what I did, you may want to try disconnecting your accounts one by one, and then reconnecting them.
This discussion has been closed.