CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting the CC-505 error now. They are trying to do something as the error codes are changing, but they are not doing the right thing to ensure that we can use this service.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Some answers would be nice
  • ray tilghman
    ray tilghman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had this issue also for several months. I am really tired getting quicken responses “(its not your fault)” every time I try to use a feature of quicken that is important to me. Why can’t someone at Quicken get off their butt and get this problem solved or tell me that they don’t intend to solve the problem so that I can move on from Quicken and get on with my life.
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    @mike753b writes: "PenFed states several time that aggregator IP is security issue and that's why access from such IP has been firewalled / disabled and treated as DDoS IP."

I have not seen Quicken say anything concrete, much less that sort of claim about the aggregator.  "Security issue" may be defensible.  DDoS is highly unlikely.  Would love to know where that information came from.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Papoon said:
    > @mike753b writes: "PenFed states several time that aggregator IP is security issue and that's why access from such IP has been firewalled / disabled and treated as DDoS IP."
    >
    > I have not seen Quicken say anything concrete, much less that sort of claim about the aggregator.  "Security issue" may be defensible.  DDoS is highly unlikely.  Would love to know where that information came from.

nothing concrete from Quicken
    it was from PenFed, I was told, some other got similar replied from PenFed as well
    that's is why asked so many time that Quicken to provide clarity so we are Customers can act upon facts
    Best Regards
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I took a different tack, I opened up a CC account with Wells Fargo that offers the very same 2% cash back and download works perfectly. PenFed is the 2nd largest credit union in the country and last year bought a credit union in NYC that was on the brink of collapse because of Taxi Medallion loans in the city. At the same time PenFed changed their acceptance criteria  to accept anyone. It seems clear the CEO and Board are focused are building an empire and not on customer service. As a result I voted with my feet.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @darbusa said:
    > I took a different tack, I opened up a CC account with Wells Fargo that offers the very same 2% cash back and download works perfectly. PenFed is the 2nd largest credit union in the country and last year bought a credit union in NYC that was on the brink of collapse because of Taxi Medallion loans in the city. At the same time PenFed changed their acceptance criteria  to accept anyone. It seems clear the CEO and Board are focused are building an empire and not on customer service. As a result I voted with my feet.

brief search returns https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923541/wells-fargo-and-quicken
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922979/wells-fargo-connectivity-problem

while just a few complains and could be just intermediate issues

but, good alternative to 2 months no connectivity for PenFed
    yes, that Wells Fargo CC is currently is top rated CC for cashback
    Best Regards
  • Sidetrack
    Options
    :s It's been 3 mouths now with the CC-503 code for PenFed someone at Quicken need to get off their a!! and fixes this.
  • rajuabju
    rajuabju Member ✭✭
    Options
    So frustrating this is still unresolved after several months. I havent been able to update my PenFed accounts since around July!!! And ridiculous its a CC-503 error when its 100% not a username/pw error.
  • BrandonJ0202
    Options
    I want to "second" the refund. Quicken extended my subscription by two months when I contacted them about this issue.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called today and received 2 months free. Frustrating that no one has answers on what problem is. 
  • Breckenridge
    Options
    :s I also have the PenFed download problem. I reported this to Quicken about a month ago (my problems go back at least 2 months) and they said they would look into it. Next I heard Quicken closed my trouble report, with no explanation, even after I pointed out the problem was not fixed. I am getting tired of the manual reconciliations.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Latest from Quicken

Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    12:53PM
    ONGOING 11/29/22

We regret to inform you that this issue is ongoing. We do not have an ETA with respect to a resolution, although our teams will continue to work toward this end. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jared 
  • ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    Options
    With all due respect to Quicken Jared, this is complete BS. If their teams were working on this for months they would have long since had a resolution or they would be able to explain why they can't solve it. This vague weekly comment provides no useful information and Quicken should be embarrassed to keep posting such nonsense.
  • johnwhagen
    johnwhagen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also with respect to Quicken Jared, have your manager's manager get on this discussion board and tell us why Quicken is NOT interested in solving this issue. If they WERE interested, don't you think it would be fixed by now? When my Quicken subscription runs out, I do too. As far away from QUICKEN and PenFed as I can. Really sucks... I have been with PenFed since 1973 and Quicken since the late 1990s. If I have to manually download my transactions, why do I need quicken and their outrageous rates and pathetic support. I am DONE with both.
  • RandallT
    RandallT Member
    Options
    I agree this issue has gone on for too long. We deserve an explanation and realistic timeline for resolution. I have used Quicken for more years than I can count and am totally frustrated with this issue and the excuses and finger pointing. As hard as it is to make a change maybe now is the time with the year-end approaching. Beginning of the year is a good time to make the break.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any hope that this will be addressed?
    any Quicken official explanation and plans?
    Best Regards
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Totally ridiculous that Quicken and/or PenFed can’t provide answers. Over 2 months now! But we get a weekly update from Quicken on the other thread that states they are still working with no estimated fix date! Then don’t charge us until it’s fixed!
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is PenFed reply to my another request for this matter
    "
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended.

If you are experiencing issues with a third-party application, you may need to manually download transactions to your device, and then import the data to the desired program.

"
    Best Regards
  • ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just wish Quicken would give us this explanation and then explain whether this means they will never support PenFed downloads. That seems to be the case since August. I don't think any of us believe that they have "teams of people" working on it.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    As a software engineer I have repeatedly made arguments to discourage applications we've done that required screen-scraping; a method of reading the information returned from a request intended for a users display, or browser, and parsing it to find relevant information. I figured that's what they were doing.  It's just plain bad design as user interfaces routinely change. Especially if it's an application you have no control over (e.g. Penfed). I too am curious as to what quickens response is and what leverage they have over all these financial instutions to prod all these financial instuctions to allow them to obtain users account information securely that doesn't involve this method. I actually understand Penfeds position, although I don't like it, but having to vet your changes with quicken, mint, etc is definitely a problem. Quicken has a problem.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so far we didn't get any concrete info from Quicken, while many already asked Quicken and provided info that PenFed block that aggregator IP.
    I don't know why Quicken Direct Connect can't be used? looks the most secure way, also coming from Customer IP.
    I suspect that Quicken wants to charge PenFed for Direct connect and PenFed doesn't want to pay that fee, no I have no proof

but, Quicken paid subscription without on-line banking doesn't make much sense to me.
    PenFed is 2nd largest CU, as result other might just follow to block aggregator IP addresses, then what we will do?

yes, concrete Quicken statement would help us as paid Customers.
    Best Regards
  • avic
    avic Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I just realized that PenFed recently changed how they display our credit card info. it is now a frame to

https://ch.fiservapps.com/ch/card-details/?cardRefId=99999

also note that now, to download transaction, you have to click on the triangle next to "more account info and actions" and select "download transactions"
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took me awhile to figure this out. I thought we were no longer able to download transactions and I stumbled upon this. 
  • ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    Options
    I wanted to let everyone know who uses PenFed credit union and has had the problem of connecting with PenFed. As of this morning finally after 2+ months I was able to connect with PenFed and download all my transactions. Better late than never. I thought Quicken would send out a notice announcing the fixed but nothing yet.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Quicken added a new path to PenFed labeled Pentagon FCU (Pentagon Federal Credit Union is still listed when adding a new account). I was able to add the Pentagon FCU account, link it to my "used to work" PenFed accounts, and downloaded my transactions from October to date. I've been manually adding my transactions and all accounts balanced. It all worked for now!
  • avic
    Options
    > @Iyaun said:
    > Quicken added a new path to PenFed labeled Pentagon FCU (Pentagon Federal Credit Union is still listed when adding a new account). I was able to add the Pentagon FCU account, link it to my "used to work" PenFed accounts, and download my transactions since October. It all worked for now!

I noticed the new path, and tried it, did not work... will try again.

also, quicken rep said to use the original one when I was on the phone with them...
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried the new "Pentagon FCU" connection and it seems to have worked for all of my three accounts.
  • Keith Jones
    Keith Jones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Connection is working for me with all accounts (15)
  • avic
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I can now also confirm that Pentagon FCU is working for me too.

no error, and it showed all my accounts which I re-linked to the existing quicken accounts.

so far so good...

edit: one transaction did not download and I had to add it by hand. will monitor.
This discussion has been closed.