CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options
15678911»

Answers

• chutchin11
    chutchin11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Most accounts connected although some entries disappeared and I had duplicate entries.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to deactivate online on all my PF accounts, and from a Checking run new activate and got all PF accounts. However this update took like a 30 min, Quicken got busy, but I let it finish all this processing.
    Let's see tomorrow.
    Best Regards
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I,too, was able to connect my 5 PenFed account. However, there were no transactions downloaded for any accounts. Will try later in day and tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe an early Christmas present!
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    The new institution name seems to work for me. Was able to connect my 5 accounts. The odd thing is that it decided to download two denied transactions from my credit card and added the sum of them to my openeing balance. It's a mystery why it thought that was necessary. Took about 20 minutes to figure it out.

Seems sketchy a penfed rep hasn't commented in this thread or any other. I wonder if this is just a temporary thing. I guess we keep tuned and see how long it lasts.
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Most likely access using the new Pentagon FCU name is still in testing phase and therefore Quicken isn't ready to "release" to all users. Apparently "screen scraping" isn't being utilized so PenFed isn't blocking access same as they still are with the original institution name.
  • hansenb40
    Options
    csiks99@ said:
    Most likely access using the new Pentagon FCU name is still in testing phase and therefore Quicken isn't ready to "release" to all users. Apparently "screen scraping" isn't being utilized so PenFed isn't blocking access same as they still are with the original institution name.
    You're probably correct. Atleast I hope they are testing it :smiley:  Let's hope they ditched the "screen scraping". That should fix it for a longer period.
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand. Can you please explain the name change? Today I signed in to" PenFed FCU", where it explicitly states that they do not do screen scraping and basically leaves me on my own to download (not efficient!).
  • hansenb40
    Options
    I don't understand. Can you please explain the name change? Today I signed in to" PenFed FCU", where it explicitly states that they do not do screen scraping and basically leaves me on my own to download (not efficient!).
    How did you sign in to PenFed FCU. From a web browser? What was the URL? Where did you see itexplicity stated they don't do "screen scraping"?

If you could share a screen shot without disclosing personal information that may help.

The name change is used when you try to connect your quicken account via download and link your accounts. The old name was Pentagon Federal Credit Union. For me, I had to deactivate my accounts, change the name of the financial institition to Pentagon FCU and relink the accounts.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took awhile but I was finally able to deactivate my accounts and reactivate using Pentagon FCU. It didn’t find my IRA accounts 😢, I was able to for the past year timeframe, then prior to this it was hit or miss if I could download my IRA transactions, and did them manually. On my husband’s it got stuck downloading transactions after I linked his accounts. Forced Quicken to close and reopened Quicken and transactions were there. Hoping this isn’t just temporary and is a permanent fix.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I added the Pentagon FCU account and linked my existing accounts to it, I didn't have to disable any of my accounts. It's still working with no problems. I hope it stays that way.
  • johnwhagen
    johnwhagen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well as a person who is quick with sarcasm, I normally say Merry Christmas when something finally happens. So... MERRY CHRISTMAS! FINALLY and I mean FINALLY they have PenFed working again. The ultimate question is for how long... Hopefully permanently fixed but... Been there, done that. Will have to wait and see.

Kudo's to the engineer that fixed the issue. You deserve a pat on the back and a bonus.

John
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ditto!
  • Keith Jones
    Keith Jones Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of yesterday I am still unable to up with PenFed.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    As of yesterday I am still unable to up with PenFed.
    You may need deactivate your PenFed accounts and activate using Pentagon FCU as the banking institution. This is what I had to do.  Just make sure you use Pentagon FCU NOT Pentagon Federal Credit Union as it is still listed! Hope this helps. 
  • Keith Jones
    Keith Jones Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried that. No joy.
  • Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found that the "Pentagon FCU" bank selection worked for all my accounts. I had to first "Disconnect Account" under each account's Account Settings. Disconnect all your accounts before trying to connect them again to the "new" connection Pentagon FCU. A dialog should appear that allows you to match (connect) each found account with your accounts in Quicken.
  • MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Okay, strange. I just tried my Penfed download after 'deactivating' and then redoing it without changing to Pentagon FCU (just my normal login with 'Pentagon Federal Credit Union' with Express Web Connect) and it worked, sort of. It downloaded the new transactions but somehow my account opening balances on both my savings accounts got changed from $0 to an amount, and that threw my reconciliation off. Set opening balance back to $0 and all is fine. Interesting. Lets see when it burps again.
  • hansenb40
    Options
    Did the same to me. Took me a bit to figure it out.....
  • The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    MVW said:
     It downloaded the new transactions but somehow my account opening balances on both my savings accounts got changed from $0 to an amount, and that threw my reconciliation off. Set opening balance back to $0 and all is fine. Interesting. Lets see when it burps again.

That's a Quicken issue, not a PenFed issue. I've had it happen across many different financial institutions (Chase, Citi, PenFed) for both banking and credit cards. It's a bug of some sort when activating (or reactivating) an account.
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I was a bit late to the party, but I deactivated all Penfed accounts, added accounts under "Pentagon FCU" and then linked to existing acounts when it gave me that option. Everything seems to have worked and the data is intact and correct.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @MVW said:
    > Okay, strange. I just tried my Penfed download after 'deactivating' and then redoing it without changing to Pentagon FCU (just my normal login with 'Pentagon Federal Credit Union' with Express Web Connect) and it worked, sort of. It downloaded the new transactions but somehow my account opening balances on both my savings accounts got changed from $0 to an amount, and that threw my reconciliation off. Set opening balance back to $0 and all is fine. Interesting. Lets see when it burps again.

a bit late reply - it's known issue
    you may get more details and workarounds at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913618/quicken-changes-opening-balance-for-no-reason-and-without-a-notice/p1
    Best Regards
This discussion has been closed.