CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another week and 6 Penfed accounts not updating. :-( It is clear neither Quicken nor Pentagon give a crap about this issue and the impact it has on their users!!!!!!
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    QU01knom said:
    Another week and 6 Penfed accounts not updating. :-( It is clear neither Quicken nor Pentagon give a crap about this issue and the impact it has on their users!!!!!!
    To be fair, Quicken has logged an Ongoing issue, which they update about once a week to say they are still working on it.   (They have the same sort of notice for Citi accounts, but while Citi is available more than it's not, PenFed is the opposite story.)
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @sal mattimiro said:
    > No comments from Quicken support can be found on this thread since this latest outage began and no response from PenFed to my emails. Neither give a crap about their customers. No updates, no apologies and no ownership of the issue. Just horrible.

I have been looking for an alternative to quicken. Not pleased to say I haven’t found any. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken’s update log for this issue (as Papoon described it) is here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20305965#Comment_20305965
  • TrapperCOS
    TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken tells us once a week that they know about it and are working on it with no estimate on when it will be fixed. How is that helpful when it’s been the same status for weeks?
  • ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am experiencing the same issue. For the last 8 or 9 days I can't download transactions from PenFed. I keep getting error codes cc-503 or cc-800 most of the time I get error code cc-503. I have tried to reset the account but that does not work. I think the problem is between the PenFed servers and the Quicken servers. I hope somebody at Quicken can take the time to fully diagnose the issues and resolve it once and for all. Thank you.
  • Al Harris
    Al Harris Member ✭✭
    Options
    Been happening to me intermittently for several months now and cannot get it resolved even after spending hours with tech support sharing my screen and giving instructions...! Wish MS Money was still operating...!
  • scubasteve39932
    Options
    Receiving CC-503 error for Pentagon Federal. Error states wrong username/password. Verified username/password on website. Deactivated web service and attempted to start the service. Received CC-503 error when trying to set up the web service.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    This has been an issue for a very long time and several times this year. I don't think they have the right people with the right skills to fix this issue. Otherwise, why do we have to wait so long for resolution. My last successful update was 10/11/2022. You may want to receive the status notification on this issue by visiting the following link. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20291903#Comment_20291903
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So at 5:30 est I attempted to log onto PenFed and received this error? Are they trying to fix it? Seems to be the same error we all have been receiving access PenFed with Quicken
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    PenFed has disabled all 3rd party access including Quicken for "security reasons" and says a decision has not been made as to whether they EVER will resore Quicken access. Suggest everyone contact PenFed 1-800-247-5626 and tell them you will be closing your accounts if they do not restore Quicken access, as I did.
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options
    While I understand post, certainly PenFed hasn't shut down things such as receivables... i.e. mortgage payments and car payments or payments or even electronic deposits from any other institution. How about credit scoring for loans? I hope they are not going to paper transactions (Just kidding). They for some reason think 3rd party connections are not secure. They should use USAA's model for downloading transactions which uses a unique ID & P/W for connecting to Quicken. I am sure there is deep security with their process.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    csiks99@ said:
    PenFed has disabled all 3rd party access including Quicken for "security reasons" and says a decision has not been made as to whether they EVER will resore Quicken access. Suggest everyone contact PenFed 1-800-247-5626 and tell them you will be closing your accounts if they do not restore Quicken access, as I did.
    Then PenFed needs to state that currently all 3rd party apps have been turned off and let their customers know what’s up. Send out email, post something on web page or once you log in. I understand security and I want them to ensure my information is secured. But it’s frustrating when they don’t communicate.  I will be calling tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just took a look at the "new online experience" which has not been rolled out yet. If it is ready to roll out, they have removed the ability to download transactions completely. The access is just above the "TRANSFER FUNDS" on the upper right of the main screen. It is a big blue box with white lettering.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    QU01knom said:
    Just took a look at the "new online experience" which has not been rolled out yet. If it is ready to roll out, they have removed the ability to download transactions completely. The access is just above the "TRANSFER FUNDS" on the upper right of the main screen. It is a big blue box with white lettering.
    You can download csv format! I have never used csv format to import transactions so it will even be more inconvenient! It’s on the bottom left on the individual account screen. I submitted feedback on no download in Quicken format only csv.

• Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rcvd this from PenFed just now:

"Thank you for contacting PenFed Mr. Sawin.

Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken.

While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services.

That said, you always have the option to manually download your transactions."

That about says it all. Time to get a different credit card.
  • tdpofsc
    tdpofsc Member
    Options
    agree time to switch away from penfed
  • LeonJs
    LeonJs Member
    Options
    I too am having Penfed issues. Same issues as everyone above. I cannot understand how this has been going on so long without resolution from Quicken or Penfed. Somebody is not very concerned about their customers.
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well in today's snail-mail I found out *why* PenFed is being so uncooperative.
    "We recently discovered an unauthorized access to our networks occurred between April 27, 2022 and May 3, 2022. [...] [W]e discovered that your full name and the following were removed from our network in connection with this incident: last four digits of social security number, loan number, address, loan amount, and monthly payments."
    Now they haven't supported Quicken access to my loan in almost a year -- ever since they made their web site prettier and less useful -- so either it was a deep compromise or they are over-reacting.  Or both.
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now I wonder, have we been blaming PenFed for Quicken's problem?
  • James Schoenberger
    Options
    I just updated to the latest version of Quicken and tried to set up PenFed for downloading again. It took a very long time to search for the PF accounts and then said we've encountered a problem--it's not your fault. Something is going on...
This discussion has been closed.