Answers

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @wallenjs I had no issues this morning. 
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have had errors with PFCU not properly downloading transactions using one step update. This has happened for years, and I have gotten CC-502 and CC-503 errors. The standard response has been that this is an acknowledged problem and that there has been no solution as yet. In the last several weeks, I am no longer getting the 502 and 503 errors, and most of the time, Quicken is downloading SOME of the transactions from SOME of my accounts, but not all of them. I still have to go online and manually download the transactions that are missed. This same problem has started to appear with my Capital One accounts and several others. But because there is no error 502 or 503 error message, I have to look for another problem to leave a comment or start a new one. Long e-mail from Quicken CEO earlier this week talking about all the new bells and whistles. None of these matter to me, and I SO wish Quicken resources would be focused on making One step updates work as a first priority. I just downloaded R43-32. Not sure what is in it
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only can I not download my PenFed credit card account now, for many months, maybe a year, when I click on "have you changed your password?" (although I haven't) and continue to "troubleshoot", I get a message to sign in to BANK OF AMERICA to "connect your accounts to Quicken". This is insane!
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    @MarieBaumann: Sort of off-topic for this thread, but I had a similar problem a while back; the solution was unpleasant.  My data file was corrupted beyond the ability of File Verification or Super Verification to fix and I ended up having to create a new file and spend a day repopulating it (I did say it was unpleasant). 

For debugging and problem isolation I would recommend you create a new file, add only your PenFed account, setup online access and try to download.  If that works I'd next add your BoA account and repeat the process.  If that works then your original file is corrupt and Quicken will offer you no help in repairing that file.  

You might try the process here, and you should follow those instructions rigidly, to make a copy of your corrupt file.  The instructions there seem to be for an older Quicken menu structure.  You'll need to re-enable all your online accesses for this "copied" file.
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I will try when I get a few free hours, lol!
  • chutchin11
    chutchin11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Stopped working for some of my accounts again. Did not get error message.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting the CC-503 error this morning. 
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    My last successful download from Penfed was the morning of October 7th. When I do one-step-update after that the process shows connecting and updating, until OSU is complete, then the results totally skip any results for Penfed. Going to the data file for Penfed on Quicken shows last update of 10/7. Nothing downloaded. No condition code reported. Nothing displaying Penfed on the OAU Summary.
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    OAU = OSU
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken for MAC and a familiar issue has reoccurred. Download Error (-30) Invalid Credentials. I then disconnected download connectivity for all 6 of my accounts and then closed Quicken. I then attempted to reestablish connectivity but received the same invalid credential error. I can use the same credential and use the Internet to connect to Penfed. This seems to happen every month.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    Reared its ugly head for me too this morning.  Version: R44.23 Build: 27.144.23, Windows 10
  • belfen19
    belfen19 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm unable to update any of my Penfed accounts. Keep getting CC-503 error telling me incorrect user name or password.
    Able to log into the Penfed website with no problem.
  • belfen19
    belfen19 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, why when you click "reset account" does it say "no data will be deleted", but when I try to reset and it fails, and I try to close the reset dialog, I get a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to cancel?"

My only way to exit the dialog is to click ok, which DELETES MY LOGIN INFO! I thought no data will be deleted?

The only other way to get out of the cancel dialog, is to use task manager to quit the program.

Why does it delete my login info if it can't connect?
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here we go again :/
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reported this to PenFed and got the usual canned "we do not support third-party downloads" page. I pushed back. They don't have to "support" it; they just have to not mess it up.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's getting really old :-(
  • ed1chandler
    ed1chandler Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep ...
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Wonderboy said:
    I reported this to PenFed and got the usual canned "we do not support third-party downloads" page. I pushed back. They don't have to "support" it; they just have to not mess it up.
    Back in September I received this response which contradicts the normal response. 

Due to an internal error, our IT team temporarily disabled aggregator third party access to PenFed Online. We regret you were unable to download your transactions through Quicken during this time. However, we can confirm as of September 7th, you should now be able to use Quicken again.

I responded just let us know when things happen so customers and Quicken don’t try to troubleshoot something PFCU knows there’s an issue.

This was from Nicole Thompson

Manager, Executive Correspondence

Office of the Chairman of the Board

O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    I sent an email to the PenFed Chairman.
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For those of you who have been long suffering because of the instability of the PenFed server and only use the PenFed CC be aware that Wells Fargo now offers a 2% cash back on all purchases and so far it has downloaded flawlessly.
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Options
    Over and over again, problems with error CC-502 or CC-503. It seems that somehow the discussions have been closed, but there has been no resolution of this problem. So I am back to manual entry of transactions. We received the ongoing discussions from a bot, I assume, saying that this was a known problem and was being worked, but it has been there now for years, and I have no sense that anyone up the Quicken supervisory chain knows about this and no one is actively working it. This morning, when I got cc-503, I clicked on Fix it. Did that, then it asked me if password had been changed, I clicked no, then it said update now, I did that, it said "Success" but it did not, has not and will not download transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Pentagon Federal Credit Union Not updating AGAIN error 503 login info incorrect, This seems to be a monthly problem with Quicken. I've tried resetting one of my PenFed accounts with no luck, I'm hopping the fix doesn't take Quicken 3 weeks to fix this time.
  • Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts have not been updating since 10-8-2022. getting error message CC-304 that my sign in info is incorrect. It is correct!. THis has been an ongoing problem that rears it's head about once a month and last for weeks. any idea how to fix this or when it will be fixed? I tried resetting the accounts. that doesn't work.
  • B. King
    B. King Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken update has had continual issues with Pentagon Federal. I recommend that Quicken and PenFed have a high-level sit down to discuss the problem. Given the length of time this has been an issue, it is poor customer services on both sides.
This discussion has been closed.