CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• T369
    T369 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's always something with Quicken. A couple of weeks ago I was getting CC-506 errors with Truist and now I'm getting CC-503 errors with Penfed. Can't catch a break!
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I get errors on updates with Other financial institutions, other than PenFed, usually it’s fixed in less than 24 hours. Not PenFed it usually takes weeks! 
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll just add to the thread I am having the same issue
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    All of the above. R43.14, 27.1.43.14, Windows 10 Home.
  • kev52
    kev52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. Please get this corrected.
  • 4Hawkeyes
    4Hawkeyes Member
    Options
    Same problem. Same timeframe. Please elevate priority.
  • rjwalker12
    rjwalker12 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue.
  • dingo
    dingo Member ✭✭
    Options
    The whole idea of buying quicken is that the company can collectively bargain for a bunch of us and get us our data. Otherwise we can go back to spreadsheets an dgnucash
  • John Rozsnyai
    John Rozsnyai Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Bill Pa" said:
    > Having the same issue - started yesterday (Today is 21 August, 2022 in case someone reads this later).
    >
    > I can't follow the instructions given, because if I go to the vault, and look at the entries for Penfed, it shows my login ID, and in the "Password Stored" column, it shows "Not required", and an image of a yellow key. I don't remember it doing this before, but it may have been that way.
    >
    > But for both lines of the entry, "Add Password","Change Password", and "Delete Password" are all greyed out. So it looks like I'm locked out from making any changes.
    >
    > This was all working fine on Friday. Something changed.
    >
    > Should I do the "Deactivate / Reactivate" thing?
    >
    > The logins from before still work fine on the Penfed website.
    >
    > This is Quicken Premier Version R42.21 Build 27.1.42.21 - Windows 11 Home"

I am having the same exact issue which started on August 20, 2022.
  • John Rozsnyai
    John Rozsnyai Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same exact issue which started on August 20, 2022. Please fix this ASAP. We are paying a subscription fee for reliable service!
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    wallenjs said:
    It might be a good idea if all of us contacted PenFed with this issue. I know their standard response is that they don't support 3rd Party apps, but I think they should know that there are a lot of us out here having issues. www.penfed.org
    Good suggestion!  I've added my voice at PenFed as well.  The claim that they don't support 3rd party apps (which I too was told by PenFed several years ago) is bogus.  They have to pay a licensing fee to Quicken to use Quicken's APIs and be included in online updates.  It's silly to say, "We pay for a service so we can not support it and instead use it to irritate our customers."  Though given some of their recent web site changes, that could well be the mindset.
  • belfen19
    belfen19 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem, keeps telling me my name and password is incorrect, but no problem logging into the website.
  • BenD76
    BenD76 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I hope it gets fixed soon!
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    On top of CC-503 I am now receiving CC-800
  • krempajs
    krempajs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here.
  • jgahan1978
    jgahan1978 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I reported the problem..
  • wendysue
    wendysue Member
    Options
    well just this week I decided to switch all my banking from PNC to Penfed. I have the same issue, so I guess I'll leave my money in PNC.
  • bradf1rw
    bradf1rw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looks like they resolved it
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @bradf1rw said:
    > Looks like they resolved it

I'll try to update when I get home. Thanks for the information
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes mine is fixed after giving me a CC-800 error. Fixed that and all is good. If Penfed would just acknowledge that they had an issue it would give us a peace of mind and stop us all from complaining. 
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine downloads manually but I can't get my PenFed accounts to show up in One Step Update - I've deactivated/reactivated, etc ... Anyone else lose them in One Step Update?
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @mhawrysko Does it give you an error message if you just try to run update from your PenFed account? Does it by chance have a faint red circle with an slash to the left of your Penfed account(s)? I had this issue today and had the CC-800 error. You can try deactivating the accounts and then reactivate?  
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Krakat I don't get any errors, they are in my Account List and show up there. They don't show up on my One Step Update List. I have deactivated and reactivated thinking they will appear, I have Validated/Repaired and nothing. I will probably end up deleting every account and readding fresh, like I had to the last time this happened.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @mhawrysko can you click the gear icon on a Penfed account (Right Side) and try Update Now (or CNTL-ALT-U)? Did you delete the account number when you deactivated prior to reactivating?
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Krakat the gear does update the PenFed accounts! Thanks, they don't show up in One Step Update still.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Kraken It is there, each individual account is not, that is what mixed me up. It's listed in One step as PenFed now one checkbox. thanks for the help!
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My husband's Quicken still gave him the CC-503 error this morning so I went to add a new Pentagon account and processed through the steps.  The accounts came up as already there, don't add. I continued through the process, but it didn't update. So I did an Update Now for one of his Penfed accounts and they all updated. So now his is currently working.... Until next time... 
This discussion has been closed.