CC-503 errors from PenFed

1356711

Answers

  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Fixed.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Working again for me also..
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Similar to earlier posters, except instead of a cc-503 or 502, I am getting a cc-501. Can't delete a password for Penfed as it apparently has not got one in the Vault (says no PW required). All password options are greyed out and not working. Absolutely no issue with my getting into my accounts using a browser, but not working for several days using Quicken. My other financial institutions all function just fine using Quicken.
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    garysmith said:
    Similar to earlier posters, except instead of a cc-503 or 502, I am getting a cc-501. Can't delete a password for Penfed as it apparently has not got one in the Vault (says no PW required). All password options are greyed out and not working. Absolutely no issue with my getting into my accounts using a browser, but not working for several days using Quicken. My other financial institutions all function just fine using Quicken.
    While there may be other ways, when I encountered this situation recently, I disabled the account(s) and then reenabled them for offline access.  May have done an One Step Update in between just to be sure the aggregator had forgotten about the account.
  • gdbush
    gdbush Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    [Removed - Language]  It was fixed over the weekend and is broken again. [Removed - Rant/Language]  What is the deal with this? It would be nice if Quicken could provide the root cause analysis once this is resolved. Is this a PedFed issue or a Quicken issue?
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @gdbush I was able to update this morning at 6am. Received CC-502 error a few moments ago. Hoping everything will be fixed again…
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Krakat said:
    @gdbush I was able to update this morning at 6am. Received CC-502 error a few moments ago. Hoping everything will be fixed again…
    Not likely fast since PenFed denies they support Quicken.  Their response to me was, "Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken. While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services"

    After I suggested their response was disingenuous since it's worked for years and 'There *are* "technical limitations that [] prevent automatic downloads".  These limitations lie in the interfaces between the Quicken services that PenFed licenses and PenFed's systems.' they offered to "submit a formal concern on [my] behalf".

    Won't be holding my breath.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Papoon said:
    Krakat said:
    @gdbush I was able to update this morning at 6am. Received CC-502 error a few moments ago. Hoping everything will be fixed again…
    Not likely fast since PenFed denies they support Quicken.  Their response to me was, "Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken. While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services"

    After I suggested their response was disingenuous since it's worked for years and 'There *are* "technical limitations that [] prevent automatic downloads".  These limitations lie in the interfaces between the Quicken services that PenFed licenses and PenFed's systems.' they offered to "submit a formal concern on [my] behalf".

    Won't be holding my breath.

    Krakat said:
    @gdbush I was able to update this morning at 6am. Received CC-502 error a few moments ago. Hoping everything will be fixed again…
    Not likely fast since PenFed denies they support Quicken.  Their response to me was, "Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken. While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services"

    After I suggested their response was disingenuous since it's worked for years and 'There *are* "technical limitations that [] prevent automatic downloads".  These limitations lie in the interfaces between the Quicken services that PenFed licenses and PenFed's systems.' they offered to "submit a formal concern on [my] behalf".

    Won't be holding my breath.
    The new format that PenFed has for their website, still in beta, won’t allow to even manual download transactions. So I really hope they get this fixed!
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    as of 9am this morning I was able to download transactions from PenFed.  At 6am I wasn't received CC-502 error. So progress for August 31 from PenFed or whom ever gives us access through Quicken.
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Who's the bad guy here? Penfed? Quicken? I just re-tried. Got a CC-503. Same thing I got 2 hours earlier.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    garysmith said:
    Who's the bad guy here? Penfed? Quicken? I just re-tried. Got a CC-503. Same thing I got 2 hours earlier.
    Have you been able to download transactions since Aug 25? I had to go through the process of adding accounts for my husband’s Quicken and then everything worked. 
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    I do not believe I have been able to download any Penfed (3 accounts) since the 25th, but could have been earlier than that. I normally download all my accounts twice a day, morning and evening. All Penfed transactions after Aug 25th posting date have failed and were manually entered into Quicken from my on-line review of the accounts. I have two accounts that don't have transactions but once a month, and the 25th is the date those occur. Had to manually enter those as well. I do not recall when the issue began for me, but it has occurred at some point almost every year. This is nothing unusual between Q and PFCU. Believe there needs to be some executive level talk between the two to get ahold of the issue and get the IT folks to work it out. It should not be rocket science.
  • derekpc
    derekpc Member ✭✭
    > @Krakat said:
    > The new format that PenFed has for their website, still in beta, won’t allow to even manual download transactions. So I really hope they get this fixed!

    Though it is hard to find, Penfed did finally restore the ability to download transactions manually. When viewing the accounts page, you will see a "More account actions and info" dropdown under each account. Click that and in the menu that appears on the right you will find a link to "Download transactions." That said, last week that was available on all my accounts (checking, savings, certificates) and today I notice it is only available for my credit cards. Penfed is indeed getting annoying. I realize this is not a Quicken related response, but, it took me so long to find the download capability after the site change, I thought I'd share the info. Now off to scream at Penfed for the missing download link on my checking and savings.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    > @wallenjs said:
    > Well - that was quick - now I'm receiving CC-502 errors. THE FUN NEVER ENDS :smile:

    CC:502 here also
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did send Letter via link to Chairman of the Board. Something has to be be fixed.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Because of the problems with Pen Fed Quicken issues, I have stopped using the credit card.  I only use the card about twice a year just to keep it active on my credit report.  I have other credit cards that have the same or better rewards and no issue with Quicken.  So I suggest that the more people that stop using the credit card the more Pen Fed with take the Quicken connection seriously.
  • > @wallenjs said:
    > Well - that was quick - now I'm receiving CC-502 errors. THE FUN NEVER ENDS :smile:

    CC:502 here also
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    I notice that this same problem with Penfed has been escalated by Q for CC-502, but apparently not for CC-503. My last successful Quicken download from Penfed occurred on August 20th. l am still getting CC-503 as of today.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @garysmith I don’t think you’ll get a resolution until the CC-502 gets fixed then hopefully then your CC-503 you will be able to be resolved. Dealing with Quicken and Penfed is a SLOW process as we have on going issues between the 2. Just wish we knew where the true problem resides…
  • Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Krakat said:
     Just wish we knew where the true problem resides…
    I'm going to cast my vote that the problem lies with PenFed since they are the ones who deny they even support direct download into Quicken.  As Douglas Adams taught us, "Somebody Else's Problem field, or S.E.P., is a useful way of safely protecting something" from warranting your attention.
  • Have been off-line with PFCU accounts for about a week now. Error code CC-502. PFCU claims it isn't their problem, but they are the only institution that is having connection problems (of the 14 institutions with which I maintain on-line accounts). All of my other on-line accounts are updating as usual. This has happened with PFCU in the past and usually sorts itself out in a few days, but this time I'm having my doubts I'm having my doubts. This is the first time PFCU has told me that "Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken." It appears that PFCU has made a decision to leave us out in the cold. I can't find any intelligent life on either their chat or when calling. E-mail support appears to be the only available resource, and that is usually just an abrogation of all responsibility for the issue. Of course, PFCU has not yet fixed the other problem I contacted them about. The transactions on my PFCU Visa credit card have not updated on the PFCU website since 19 August. I don't have an answer back yet for that problem. In any case, these repeated problems with maintaining on-line services and information bring into question whether PFCU is no longer capable of keeping up with mainstream banking services. If the PFCU IT department can't update it's own account records and can't seem to service a Quicken connection without technical difficulties, we may have an indication the PFCU has fallen behind the times and is no longer capable of providing 21st century banking services. I hate to say that after 40 years with PenFed, but it does have me thinking of what I need to do to protect my assets if I can't trust the banking institution to do so.
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Access was fixed for a few days and now I've been getting the CC-502 error since earlier this week.
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Not fixed.
  • mgrisoli
    mgrisoli Member ✭✭
    Not fixed yet, it seems.
    From a customer perspective it is irrelevant who is to blame on this problem. Quicken advertises and includes Penfed in its list of supported financial institutions.
    It is their responsibility to have an officioal channel with these institurions, stay up to date and catch-up on the changes promoted by them and if possible, work in synch with them to avoid this kind of disruptions.
    I do not pay my bank to support Quicken, I pay Quicken to support my bank.
This discussion has been closed.