Bank of America....EWC+ Connection

Options

Answers

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    It was much more of a hassle to change our phone number recently.
    Even more hassle: changing your primary email address. I had to change my primary email address when AMEX phased out the free usa.net email addresses they handed out to card holders in the 1990's. That old email address had wound its way into all my online accounts.

Why didn't I use a separate email address just for that purpose? Remember, this was in the dinosaur days before you could create new free Google Gmail addresses in under a minute.

I bought my own domain name to make sure that my primary email address never changes. Well, as long as I pay my Google Workspace bill (which works really well for us). And of course, I can create "burner" Gmail accounts when I need them.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bank Bill Pay, if you want it, change your Bank or keep your Bank and add a Bank that requires Direct Deposit of over $500.00, like Wells Fargo Bank or PNC Bank. Both have Direct Connect Connection still. They have Bank Bill Pay available for use when you qualify for it. There maybe other Banks, too.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Leopold_Butters
    Options
    I am getting so frustrated using Quicken lately, instead of the software being a time saver to help me manage my finances I am finding it having to spend more time trying to work on fixes and work arounds. For example, this BOA EWC+ did not work for me and it will not update my balances. I open a ticket and spent hours the other day deleting connection and recreating them and still doesn't work. Now I have to call during my work time to work with support on this because support is not open during the weekend. May during large releases quicken should staff the phones for a few weeks with teir 2 and 3 support. Is anyone else having this issue? I am all for security and this should be done just wished it worked.
    It would also be nice if quicken started to support crypto, this has been on the backlog for a while.
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would also be nice if quicken started to support crypto, this has been on the backlog for a while.
    Well, you got 8 decimal places on Windows in 44.XX. That's a start, and a huge one.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920719/windows-r44-xx-release-us#latest
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, you got 8 decimal places on Windows in 44.XX. That's a start, and a huge one.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920719/windows-r44-xx-release-us#latest
  • ysg26
    ysg26 Member ✭✭
    Options
    People are saying that this is being driven by the banks wanting to move away from Direct connect. But I noticed that bank Of America is offering Direct Connect for Quickbooks. So why is that?
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Zack Howell
    Zack Howell Member ✭✭
    Options
    I understand that most of the frustration with this change has been with the loss of the ability to initiate bill payments through Quicken for a BOA account. I however have also noticed that the bill pays that I initiate through BOA (which used to always download with a check number into Quicken as soon as I submitted them, even for future payment dates) now no longer download into Quicken for me after I submit them through BOA. Is that a feature (BOA website generated bill pays not downloading into Quicken until I guess after they clear) that is also not going to work with this change... or, am I experiencing a different problem?
  • ysg26
    ysg26 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I understand it they will not show up. You will have to enter them manually in Quicken and when they do eventually download they will match
  • Zack Howell
    Zack Howell Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @ysg26 said:
    > As I understand it they will not show up. You will have to enter them manually in Quicken and when they do eventually download they will match

Wow. That's certainly a pain to have to enter them in 2 locations, but I guess it'll yield the same end result. Thank you for the reply!
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    If you go to the BoA website, you will notice BoA billpay transactions are not listed on the pay account transaction list (at least what I can tell), they appear on billpay-activity screen until paid. Previously when paid thru Quicken an uncleared entry was entered by Quicken at the time of entry. I guess Quicken can't access billpay-activity.
  • Nicholas Deane
    Options
    This is a major loss -- but I wouldn't mind paying Quicken's fee service if I didn't have to enter every payee all over again. Come on Quicken, find a way to treat your customers better!
  • rvfulltimer
    rvfulltimer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also have been using Quicken all the way back before Quicken for Windows even existed. I'm very disappointed with QW and will have to seriously consider cancelling my subscription if I can't find a workable solution to my issue with BOA. I've also been using them for years and am not looking forward to make any changes there either, so I just hope QW upper management will come up with a solution to this.
  • Intuit #uck$
    Options
    This is the final straw with Quicken. It's nothing more than another money grab.
  • raa0428
    raa0428 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I could have dealt with not being able to send my Bank of America payments via Quicken, but the fact that the payments I now enter directly into Bank of America do not update is a real pain. This is a real downgrade.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does everyone blame Quicken when Bank of America implemented the change and Quicken had to go along.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does everyone blame Quicken when Bank of America implemented the change and Quicken had to go along.
    People just like to complain, even if they are complaining to the wrong people, that have no control over what they are complaining about.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I feel for other users. I changed banks a long time ago to keep direct connect too. However, banks have spoken... 
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    For me direct connect is a useful benefit but it is not necessarily the most important for my choice of banks. The bank gives me no fee account service, no ATM.fees for using different banks, loan interest rate discounts, savings interest bonuses and cash back credit cards and even prioritized customer service. For me the additional effort to maintain my Quicken file doesn't outweigh the benefits I get from the bank. Each person and bank may feel different. Choice is good.
  • Leopold_Butters
    Leopold_Butters Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Wanted to give an update on my journey trying to get my registries back in order and balanced after the EWC+ update that might help others. I just wanted to state first I am all about security and security needs to happen, but this update was rough. I spent hours on chat and phone with Quicken support to just get the Quicken to download transaction. The big key fix here was logging out of my quicken file and then logging back in. Although we went through disconnecting the accounts and reconnecting them and matching them back up to the Quicken registry it seemed like logging out of the file was the key. Once that was done and we can download transaction I was left to reconcile the accounts because they did not match at all. After spending like 30 min a day trying to figure it out, I gave up and just and just did balance adjust and called it good. Not the best way to handle it but I had to say my time is worth more than messing with this. Also, not a great way to handle this if you are business, accounting will not like that. Thought I would share and hopefully it helps some of you that can't even download transactions.
  • Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    Options
    BOA for me the connection is slower and still ignore what I have in the ledger and downloading and add them even if listed instead of reconciling them. I don't consider this complaining. I never had this issue with direct connection and someone needs to fix this. If this is not a quicken software issue tell me who I need to call to get this fixed.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The issue referred to here as added a Bill Pay at BofA Website and not seeing it in Q until paid......

Very Recently Quicken added a feature called PENDING TRANSACTIONS ..I saw a Popup in Quicken that the feature was NOT working properly and Quicken shut it down....was that feature added to quicken that if it worked would have downloaded Bill Pays entered at the BofA website after they were added BUT before they were PAID?  

If not, what was PENDING TRANSACTION feature supposed to do?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @denmarfl

No, the Pending Transactions feature was apparently intended to show transactions that have been entered in the account but not yet posted. You can see these transactions, if there are any, on the account's Activity page on the BoA website. Future Bill Pay transactions are not included, but it might be nice if they were.

I suppose some people wanted to see these transactions and optionally get an advance look at what their future balance would be. The initial implementation apparently caused more confusion than benefit.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOA for me the connection is slower and still ignore what I have in the ledger and downloading and add them even if listed instead of reconciling them. I don't consider this complaining. I never had this issue with direct connection and someone needs to fix this. If this is not a quicken software issue tell me who I need to call to get this fixed.
    Just to clarify, Express Web Connect + should work to download the transactions and match them to existing transactions in the register.  And yes, it certainly something they need to fix if it isn’t working right for people.

My post was about the fact the Bank of America made the choice to change from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + and with that decision syncing of bill pay/transfers goes away because the Express Web Connect + protocol doesn’t support it.  And no amount of complaining to Quicken Inc that has no control over this is going to change that fact.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Just to clarify, Express Web Connect + should work to download the transactions and match them to existing transactions in the register.  And yes, it certainly something they need to fix if it isn’t working right for people.
    >
    > My post was about the fact the Bank of America made the choice to change from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + and with that decision syncing of bill pay/transfers goes away because the Express Web Connect + protocol doesn’t support it.  And no amount of complaining to Quicken Inc that has no control over this is going to change that fact.

That's my issue not matching anything just adding new entries. I am spending most of my time removing dups. It is not funny to have a - balance then find out why is because BOA added a dup somewhere.
  • Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do my scheduled payments paid a week ago still say processing.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Randalllind said:
    >
    > That's my issue not matching anything just adding new entries. I am spending most of my time removing dups. It is not funny to have a - balance then find out why is because BOA added a dup somewhere.

Are your downloads automatically entered in your register? If so, you may want change to review prior to entering in the register at least until your duplicate problem gets figured out.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/handling-downloaded-transactions
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IF...the PENDING TRANSACTION feature would include Payments....would that mean, we would enter a Transfer or a Bill Pay 9if Included) at the website....then connect with Quicken mins later...and those Pending transactions would download into Quicken??  Whereas with DirectConnect they downloaded only after they were processed.   I may start another POST to get a better understabding of what this Feature was going to provide.

This chnage is more about saying money than it is as they say...Security.  Many years ago I had the occassion to speak with a president of a fairly large Bank that offered Quicken.  His bank was only offering EWC because in his words, the Quicken Fee for DirectConnect was much higher.  So all of us that have been using DC we have all saved the Bank many millions of dollars.  We became the Bank tellers, surely staff was reduced by less foot traffic in Banks, we because the bank Office...we entered the Transactions to be processed, the Banks did not have to Pay employee Benefits on the reduced staffing, the bank did not have to worry about sick days and finding replacements to staff Branches.  I am sure I may have missed a few Savings we that used DC saved the bank...and now are thank you is, well, there is not  thank...its Bank at our Website....if you want to do business woth us...because no doubt, that is the direct this is going to.  
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Things change. I'm old enough to remember when banks paid around 5% interest for a savings account. Now .5%. Not really worth opening. BoA here have closed drive thrus and many branches completely. Most business done online or even thru mobile. Full service in person harder to find.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks Like BofA shutoff DirectConnect Today.  I thought the date was 10/12; Quicken support thought it was 10/10/22.  I used BofA DC yeaterday, today I got OL-393-A....BUT...normally you SE RETRY..today that button displays REAUTHORIZE and list all your accts.  Seems they PULLED the PLUG offically on DC
This discussion has been closed.