Chase Update - Express Web Connect+

Options
This morning - Quicken informed me that I need to reauthorize my Chase accounts for enhanced security. So I deactivated and activated my 2 Chase credit card accounts. When all was said and done, I was successfully connected to Chase, but now, instead of Direct Connect, it is with Express Web Connect+. Why has Chase dropped Direct Connect? Is there something I can do

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Dave Brandman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For more information about this change, please refer to this Community Announcement and this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    … Why has Chase dropped Direct Connect? Is there something I can do
    $$$$.  EWC+ costs Chase less to support.
    You could complain to Chase and/or move your accounts to another financial institution while telling them why.
    I'm willing to bet that Chase is NOT going to change their mind.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Dave Brandman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For more information about this change, please refer to this Community Announcement and this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    … Why has Chase dropped Direct Connect? Is there something I can do
    $$$$.  EWC+ costs Chase less to support.
    You could complain to Chase and/or move your accounts to another financial institution while telling them why.
    I'm willing to bet that Chase is NOT going to change their mind.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Talal
    Talal Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I have reauthorized my Chase accounts at least 5 to 6 times. Each time I get list of my account to match/link to a short list of non-Chase accounts. If I clicked next without doing anything as suggested by Quicken I get asked again to reauthorize to no end. [Removed - Rant]
  • Dave Brandman
    Options
    @Talai - same thing happened to me the first time I did the reauthorizationI. So, first I chose not to link my Chase Accounts. Then, next time, I went into a Chase account, went through the authorization process again - and it worked correctly.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have yet to receive the prompt to change my Chase account. Should I be worried that I haven't received it yet? With all the problems I'm seeing others talk about, I'm seriously considering just using another card and discontinuing using Chase.
  • Dave Brandman
    Options
    After the initial setup of Express Web Connect+, I have not had any issues. Just have to be sure after the initial download, duplicate/old transactions are deleted. All 3 of my Chase accounts have been converted now. Actually, just got a message this morning that Bank of America wanted me to reautherize - which I did, and it too is now Express Web Connect+. Seems to be a trend.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Dave Brandman said:
    > After the initial setup of Express Web Connect+, I have not had any issues. Just have to be sure after the initial download, duplicate/old transactions are deleted. All 3 of my Chase accounts have been converted now. Actually, just got a message this morning that Bank of America wanted me to reautherize - which I did, and it too is now Express Web Connect+. Seems to be a trend.

Did you receive the prompt to update? I haven't received it yet. I'm still on direct connect.
  • Dave Brandman
    Options
    Yes - as update started, I was prompted to reauthorize with BofA.
  • Anita C
    Anita C Member
    Options
    I was also having problems connecting and re-authorizing and updating with Chase.

What worked for me was to go to "Tools" then "Account List.

I located the account I wanted to update and, even though the accounts were already connected as listed in the Account Download column, I clicked on "improve connection" and this took me to the sign in page for Chase.

Proceeding thru the process, Chase correctly listed all the of accounts under that Password and I was able to link them to the existing accounts in Quicken. When I open an account to see the register, just below the name, it states that the account has been updated using Express Connect.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I went to where you indicated, under "tools", "account list" and I don't see any option to "improve connection"? On my chase account, it just shows "direct connect".
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally clicked on one step update and there was the Chase account in question. I clicked on reauthorize and followed the steps and it was complete. There were three transactions downloaded that were duplicates, which I deleted. Seems good now.
  • Linda824
    Options
    I am not able to connect my Chase accounts! I keep getting a Status Code 500 with a Care Code QCS-500! Can't get in touch with Quicken Support to help resolve and yet this is to be completed by Sept. 26th????
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Linda824 said:
    > I am not able to connect my Chase accounts! I keep getting a Status Code 500 with a Care Code QCS-500! Can't get in touch with Quicken Support to help resolve and yet this is to be completed by Sept. 26th????

I would try first thing when they open. I know the last time I had to call support, I was on hold for about 20 minutes. Did you try clicking on "one step update" for the account in question and then "reauthorize" and follow the steps? That seemed to work for me.
  • Arpit
    Arpit Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Since changing connection to EWC I am not able to download Chase transactions.
  • Vyper33
    Vyper33 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue as Aprit. Since changing connection to EWC I am not able to download Chase transactions.
    Chase website shows both credit card accounts are connected to Quicken but downloads do not occur.

I have tried deactivating connections and starting from beginning and the process goes through without error. Accounts link without error but no new transactions show up in the register.
This discussion has been closed.