Chase Transactions Not Downloading

Options
Andrews1434
Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
After updating the Chase Connection, Quicken is no longer downloading transactions at all for any accounts.

Answers

• linodav
    linodav Member
    Options
    Same issue. Deactivated account and still no download, even though Quicken message on screen states that '12 months' of transactions have been updated. The Web Connect seems to be broken. (btw, hasn't worked since early Sept)
  • Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here. transactions for last two weeks didn't download. Trying to update via gear, no transactions or acknowledgement in the online updates status window for the Chase accounts, they don't even list. Do wonder if the new connection reset the download date to the current date and therefore only trying to download for the new connection date.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for sharing that you are experiencing this issue with your Chase account(s).

We do currently have an active alert regarding Chase users not being able to download transactions after completing the migration. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Andrews1434
    Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Which company should I stop using, Quicken or Chase?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which company should I stop using, Quicken or Chase?
    That is certainly a very personal decision and would have to be based on your individual situation.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Andrews1434
    Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is somewhat of a personal decision, to be sure. I have been warned about this change for a couple of months and when it happens, it does not work properly, so the real question here for me to make my personal decision if, which entity is at fault? As with most things, I am sure both will point at each other or perhaps blame Microsoft. No accountability and no ownership.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is somewhat of a personal decision, to be sure. I have been warned about this change for a couple of months and when it happens, it does not work properly, so the real question here for me to make my personal decision if, which entity is at fault? As with most things, I am sure both will point at each other or perhaps blame Microsoft. No accountability and no ownership.
    Well if you want my person opinion of who is at fault, I would say they both share some of the blame.
    And don't forget to include Intuit in this.

It was certainly Chase that decided to make the change.  And some of the problems like where people could reauthorize because of web pages not coming up on their site for some users/web browsers are certainly in their domain.  And then there is the downloading of duplicate transactions which might fall into either party, and there might be other problems like not downloading new transactions...  Some of this is clearly Quicken problems others not so clear who's at fault.

This the growing pains of doing something different.

And this really doesn't have to be an either or decision on Quicken or Chase.
    Another possibility is work through the problems and then use it.  Hopefully once all the problems with the conversion is over, Express Web Connect + might be reliable.  That is of course if don't need bill pay through Quicken, through the financial institution. That can only be done with Direct Connect.

To some this up, I wouldn't make my decision and trying to find blame.  I would make the decision on what I need.  If one insists on bill pay through Quicken to the financial institution. Then the choice is easy, find a financial institution that still supports that.

If the problem is just "conversion pain", most likely most will get through this and it will be reliable for them.

If the problem is you don't like the idea that there isn't any accountability with Express Web Connect (or +) because you have to deal with Quicken Inc, Intuit, financial institution (and almost only through Quicken Inc to talk to the others) I certainly get that.  Not to mention having your transactions on their servers.  But with Chase the only connection method that will be left other than Express Web Connect + will be Web Connect where you download and import a QFX file.

So, you have as much information as I have and probably as much as anyone would ever be able to provide you.

Personally, I'm going to drop Quicken and just use Chase's website.  But that is because I have consolidated my finances there and Quicken use has really only been a hobby for me for a very long time.
    I have my finances almost entirely automated and they are also very simple.
    Signature:
  • CR_MO
    CR_MO Member
    Options
    > @Andrews1434 said:
    > After updating the Chase Connection, Quicken is no longer downloading transactions at all for any accounts.

Same issue and now, since authorizing Bank of America, no transactions download either, C'mon Quicken! Your releases are always so buggy!
  • MrWizzard
    MrWizzard Member
    Options
    This is NOT an INCONVENIENCE. Th is a Critical issue. Having used Quicken for almost 20 years I an VERY disheartened that this issue has not yet been resolved. Makes one want to look at another solution. How am I supposed to manage multiple accounts and running my business when I can't rely on my accounting software?
  • convbcuda
    convbcuda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. My Bank of America, Citi and Chase transactions will not download. No error message. The One Step Update just completes and no new transactions (there are many) appear.
  • lrankine
    lrankine Member
    Options
    Same issue for USAA.........
  • Andrews1434
    Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Two months in and not fixed? 
  • ntallen
    ntallen Member ✭✭
    Options
    The weekly posts from Quicken Jasmine on that link she posted on September 24 are anything but informative. They say the same thing every week while offering no evidence that any work is actually being done.

I originally had lost transactions from CitiBank, and CitiBank worked today, so maybe that's a good sign? Today I got all the transactions from one Chase account and none from the other.
  • joesalmon
    joesalmon Member ✭✭
    Options
    done with quicken. too many issues never get fixed. going back to excel spreadsheets which have a transaction download link as well.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question for people that aren't getting any transactions.
    When you look at the "Last download" information at the top of the account register, is it updating the date/time when you update the account?
    Signature:
  • jjr37
    jjr37 Member
    Options
    mine shows current download date, but no transactions.
  • Sydney N.
    Sydney N. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Using the new update from today, Friday, November 18, 2022, I have been able to get all my accounts, Chase and other banks to update correctly (I think). I had to do each account individually using Edit Account Details/Online Services. From that screen I simply Reset Account, authorized (if asked) and selected the appropriate account and selected Link to Existing Account. I have two Chase accounts and had to do each one individually by opening each and selecting Edit Account Details. I was also able to reconnect another bank that has been unable to download since August. I did have some problems with a few duplicate transactions, but the download added a blue dot next to them, so they were easy to correct/delete. I also had one account that changed the opening balance. Don't know why this one did that, but it was relatively easy to find by calculating the difference in the bank's balance and the balance shown in Quicken. Once I had the error value, I sorted the account by deposits and found it immediately. I was able to reconnect a total of 8 accounts today. Each has not been working since August 2022. My starting position was all accounts Reconciled with the last bank statement and all transactions manually entered. We will see if this fix works for the next Reconciliation effort and future transaction downloads. Previously, the reset account option did not recognize many old transactions and the balances were completely messed up. This is since the August update. I am now hoping that all the Update processes are working correctly. Thank you Quicken for finally fixing this problem.
  • ligreenizs
    ligreenizs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am assuming this is still not resolved? Today I had to run one step update several times. The Last download never updated. Then after tries it finally updated the date. However it never updated the online balance so I cannot even reconcile the account. My uncleared transactions are not even showing up during Reconcile process. This is horrible
  • Andrews1434
    Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This seems to be working for me now.  I will not do a One Step Update without doing a Full Backup first as I have lost trust in the software.
  • tarkus9
    tarkus9 Member
    Options
    Almost all my accounts will not download transactions. All was working fine until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. What I've found is a problem with the bank's and quicken's account cross referencing. The account type for say a checking account is set to credit card instead of checking. So when you go to link it, the account does show up on the drop down quicken account selection menu. What a freggin mess!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.