Quicken Premium: Can I opt-out of Bill Reminders?

Options
I reconcile my accounts every month. Since the last major upgrade - stuff from 2014 and before are littering my accounts. I don't need or want Bill Reminders. Maybe opt-out is needed.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ssprinz said:
    I reconcile my accounts every month. Since the last major upgrade - stuff from 2014 and before are littering my accounts. I don't need or want Bill Reminders. Maybe opt-out is needed.
    Hello @ssprinz

I do apologize for any frustration you have experienced in relation to the Bill Reminder feature. Thank you for mentioning this here on the Quicken Community. 

Normally, you would save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen then make use of the steps listed here in order to remove your Bill Reminders. If this doesn't describe what you're asking about, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to achieve the same end. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Backing up is always a good thing. Thanks for the reminder. I do.
    I looked into THIS ISSUE before I gave up and posted the PROBLEM. You suggest I delete the reminders manually one at a time. I have several hundred of them. This is a "feature" I don't want at all and I'd like to turn it off entirely. Unfortunately, Quicken puts it front and center now. Useless un-dated information up front on every account. I suggest Quicken programmers get busy with an opt-out feature to undo their obsession.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello @ssprinz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question and for providing a screenshot.

Based on the screenshot you provided, there is no way to opt out or disable these reminders shown below the register. 

If you wish to request that this feature be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminders showing in your register's Bill and Income Reminders tab or in Tools / Manage Bill & Income Reminders with a Status of Done and no Due Date are an indication of something having gone wrong within your Quicken data file.
    AFAIK, running both a Validate and Supervalidate on your data file is supposed to get rid of them for you.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.